Intern (Energy and Environment)
The Energy and Environment team of UNDP China office is looking for an intern to assist the communication work of the team. This internship will allow the successful candidate to have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of projects communications, and to work in a multi-cultural international organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communication Intern of the Energy and Environment Team, under the guidance and direct supervision of the communication assistant of the team, will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the collection/compilation of stories from the project management offices by drafting, translating, revising, and proofreading stories for publication.
- Assist in the preparations of publications/outreaching materials, including but not limited to press releases, news articles, briefing papers etc.
- Assist in the drafting, translation, and proofreading of reports, publications, and project documents etc.
- Assist in social media updates of the team.
- Assist in external and internal conferences and events of the team.
- Assist in regular project reports reviewing and information collecting.
- Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and be an effective team member
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, organized, responsible, and self-motivated
- Detailed-oriented, and able to multi-task
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- College/graduate students with formal training in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Science, Environmental Science or related disciplines are preferred.
- Candidates with previous work experience in the media and a track record of published work are preferred.
- Familiarity with development issues, particularly climate change and ozone depletion is an asset
- Good command of MS Office software.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beijing
- Grade: Internship
- Closing Date: 2017-09-04