Intern (Programme Suport) - Environment & Climate Change Unit
UNDP Pakistan supports the government, institutions and people of Pakistan to improve livelihoods by providing sustainable energy solutions, maintaining the integrity of ecosystems and building capacities for climate change mitigation and adaptation. UNDP's hallmark approaches are policy reforms, institutional & human capacity building and innovative demonstrations in the field.
Within the overall context of the National Climate Change Policy, UNDP Pakistan endeavors to mainstream “climate change” as a priority in the government’s development agenda. UNDP is working towards this goal through the development and implementation of various climate change adaptation and mitigation programmes related to sustainable energy, water management and conservation of ecosystems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Programme Officer, Environment & Climate Change Unit, the intern will assist the Unit, based on an agreed work plan, tasks and achievements by performing the activities narrated below for the duration of the internship:-
- Support to developing analysis of 1st & 2nd quarter of 2017 progress reports of the NIM Projects against AWP;
- Assist in identification & development of database of partners on water and energy;
- Participation in inception workshops of the GLOG-II Project; preparation of workshop’s reports/proceedings;
- Any other relevant work assigned by the Supervisor;
At the end of the internship the Intern will be required to submit a completion report against the learning outcomes highlighted in the summary of key functions.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports
Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software.
Planning, Organizing and Multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Effective communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and effectively; listens to others, tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Uses good judgment in applying expertise to complex and/or sensitive issues.
- Conceptual and creative thinking to focus on impact and results and to develop practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; builds and sustains relationships with key constituents.
Required Skills and Experience
Education : The candidate should be enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s Degree majoring in Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change or a closely relevant discipline.
Language Requirements: The candidate must be fluent in English, having both written and speaking skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Academic Requirements: Minimum CGPA of 3.0
Applications should include following:
- Updated Resume (Clearly stating current/latest CGPA and domicile place) - Mandatory
- Motivation letter - Mandatory
- Letter from respective university for internship
- University transcript - Mandatory
Applications without the above mandatory documents shall not be accepted.
Candidates who get selected for internship at UNDP would be required to submit a proof of the following, which are a prerequisite for internship at UNDP:
- Proof of medical insurance of the intern, valid for the location(s) in which the internship will be carried out. (For the duration of the internship)
- Proof of life/accident insurance of the intern for the location(s) in which the internship will be carried out. (For the duration of the internship)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Internship
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-08-25