UNDP Turkey Country Office supports implementation of a large number of projects funded through by Government, Bilaterals, IFIs and other international organizations, etc. UNDP Turkey CO, therefore needs to ensure consistency in application of corporate procedures and compliance with UNDP’s corporate human resources benchmarks, indicators/parameters within the context of human resources management of projects.
Under the overall guidance of the Assistant Resident Representative (Operations), and the direct supervision of the Head of Human Resources (HR) Unit, the HR Administrator is responsible for ensuring consistency of HR business processes while ensuring compliance with corporate rules and policies as defined in Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP) in the area of human resources management as part of project implementation.
The HR Administrator works in a close collaboration with Project / Programme Personnel and other relevant staff to expedite project implementation and with the Operations staff to seek guidance and solve implementation bottlenecks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Results Expected/Major Functional Activities
% of time
1. Project delivery strategies, plans and budgets developed
| || |
2. Projects recruitments implemented promptly and efficiently according to AWP
| || |
3. Projects implemented in line with UNDP´s rules and regulations and CO policies and procedures in the area of human resources management
| || |
Performance Indicators for Evaluation of Results:
- Effective project HR plans finalized and implemented according to AWP and UNDP´s SOP; HR processes implemented in a timely manner; qualitative documents prepared according to correct formats; managed according to UNDP´s rules and regulations; contracts managed according to due dates.
- UNDP’s relevant SOPs followed, ATLAS role performed promptly and correctly.
- Satisfactory rating in corporate dashboards or other indicators pertaining to HR administration / management.
Required Skills and Experience
Masters or Higher Degree
(Bachelor Degree with 2 additional years of experience)
Fluent written and spoken English and Turkish
Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications, integrated web-based management systems, spreadsheets and databases
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract - Junior level
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-10