Vetted Experts Roster: Video and Infographic Video Producer
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in some 170 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges, and coordinating the efforts of the United Nations at country level. Aiming to eradicate poverty, violence and hunger, UNDP supports countries in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (ECIS) region to translate economic growth into long-lasting, inclusive human development, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the broader 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The organization works with governments, regional organizations, businesses and communities, helping countries to develop capacity, share knowledge and mobilize funds for sustainable development. As an extension of the UNDP Headquarters, the UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH), based in Istanbul, Turkey, serves UNDP’s Country Offices in the region, develops high quality knowledge and policy, and is the organization’s main interface with regional bodies such as the European Union. The Centre also implements UNDP’s Regional Programme for ECIS focused on enhancing inclusive and sustainable growth, widening political participation and giving everyone a voice, and developing responsive institutions which deliver desired services and promote inclusive processes of state-society dialogue.
At UNDP, external and internal communication—nationally, regionally and globally—is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skillful communication contributes to transparency and development effectiveness, attracts and fosters strong partnerships, and can boost resource mobilization. Communications also plays a crucial role in positioning UNDP as a credible and trusted development partner and thought leader, creating greater awareness about the organization’s work and its impact on the continent.
In order to ensure continued support to our initiatives in the ECIS region, UNDP’s IRH invites candidates to send their applications for inclusion in a Vetted Roster of external experts. The process of including candidates in the Expert Roster is described in the following sections of this advertisement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Video and infographic video production, video editing, infographic video scriptwriting
- Conceptualize and produce videos or animated videos including short news features, documentary films, public service announcements, video messages and internal UNDP films, in line with UNDP editorial and visual guidelines;
- Liaise with UNDP representatives to identify in detail the scope of work, including issues to be covered in scripting, review processes and other benchmarks;
- Filming (shooting and interviews) and editing (including adding narration and music and tiles – texts and graphics on screen) with professional video equipment (with consideration for professional sound and lighting);
- Synthesize complex and technical information from various sources into jargon-free content for different audiences;
- Produce clear, concise and engaging materials that convey key messages to target audiences;
- Point out factual inconsistencies, inconsistencies in arguments, political nuances, faulty logic, and awkward or unclear passages and suggest solutions;
- Pursue and ensure timely incorporation of feedback received from internal and external reviewers into draft materials;
- Ensure delivery of final error-free agreed materials.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Media Relations, Journalism, International Relations, Development or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in development work with specific emphasis on video production;
- Working experience in video production and Final Cut Pro editing;
- Relevant experience in infographic video production;
- Experience in this or a related field in Europe and Central Asia would be considered an asset;
- Previous professional experience with the United Nations or similar organisations in this or a related field would be considered an asset;
- Experience in conducting trainings is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Russian is an asset
Evaluation of Applicants:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.
The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and b) having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation. Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation
- Criteria A – desk review - Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Media Relations, Journalism, International Relations, Development or related field - max 5 points
- Criteria B – desk review - At least 5 years’ experience in development work with specific emphasis on video production - max 10 points
- Criteria C – desk review - Working experience in video production and Final Cut Pro editing - max 5 points
- Criteria D – desk review - Relevant experience in infographic video production - max 5 points
- Criteria E – desk review - Experience in this or a related field in Europe and Central Asia - max 2.5 points
- Criteria F – desk review - Previous professional experience with the United Nations or similar organisations in this or a related field - max 2.5 points
- Criteria G – desk review - Experience in conducting trainings - max 5 points
- Criteria H – desk review - Fluency in Russian - max 5 points
- Criteria I - samples evaluation – max. 30 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation Only candidates who will get 70% of points in desk review and overall technical evaluation will be considered for the Financial Evaluation. Contracting Arrangements:
Successful candidates will be included into UNDP RBEC Vetted Experts Roster for Area of Video and Infographic Video Production for the period of 3 years. Entry into the expert roster system does not necessarily mean that contract with UNDP is guaranteed. This will depend on forthcoming needs. During this period, IRH which manages the roster, can regularly follow up with consultants as well as UNDP offices in ECIS on their assignments. Financial proposal (daily fee in USD) provided by the consultant is the all-inclusive maximum daily fee payable and is bound to the period of 3 years (unless the consultant applies to the roster during its re-opening). Profiles of roster members will be published at UNDP internal platform and accessible to UNDP IRH and Country Offices.Where a request for services arises, the UNDP IRH or UNDP office will share a specific Terms of Reference (TOR) outlining specific services, outputs and timeline for that assignment with consultant(s) matching the requested profile and consultants will be requested to provide a price offer. A consultant offering a best value for money will be contracted.Payments:
Payments will be made as specified in the actual contract upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.Application procedures:
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the "Resume and Motivation" section of the electronic application.
- Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees blank form can be downloaded from http://www.eurasia.undp.org/content/dam/rbec/docs/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc); please upload the P11 instead of your CV.
- At least 5 work samples demonstrating past experience.
- Financial Proposal* in USD – specifying all-inclusive maximum daily fee
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials
*Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor (e.g. fee, health insurance, office supplies, communications, vaccination, personal security needs and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services...).Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner. Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.orgGeneral Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: http://on.undp.org/t7fJs.Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply.)Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-06