Internship opportunities with UNDP Moldova
Assignments vary greatly in terms of content. Every attempt is made to match the interests of the intern with the needs of the organization. Internship assignments vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP Moldova.
UNDP provides opportunities for a small group of outstanding university students to undertake an internship at the UNDP office in Moldova. The objective of the Internship Programme is to provide UNDP Moldova with assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields. The Internship Programme provides a compact understanding of UNDP' s development policies, thematic priorities, and technical cooperation activities. Internships are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation, but also complement other international studies.
Interns specialize in the areas of: public relations/communications, sustainable development, democratic governance and peacebuilding, climate and disaster resilience, human rights, gender, combating HIV/AIDS, promoting civic engagement and Sustainable Development Goals. During internship they acquire practical experience in various aspects of project management in an international work environment.
Duration of internship:
The duration of an internship assignment varies in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP. Assignments are available for the period of minimum 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months.
UNDP Moldova does not provide financial support to interns. The costs associated with the internship must be borne by any sponsoring institutions or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and will have to make his/her own arrangements for accommodation, travel, etc.
Health and Medical Insurance:
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must therefore carry adequate and regular medical insurance. Proof of medical coverage/visa must be provided before the internship starts.
Further career opportunities
The purpose of internships is not to lead to further employment with UNDP Moldova but, as mentioned, to complement a student’s studies. Interns wishing to be considered for employment with the UNDP Moldova, even if otherwise fully qualified, are not eligible for consideration for employment during their internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
The typical tasks performed by interns include:
- conducting research;
- writing documents;
- cataloguing information;
- assisting in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events; and
- publishing knowledge stories/best practices, etc.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in or paste your Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and please ensure that copies of your educational qualifications are available when contacted.
Successful applicants for internships must submit the following documentation:
- completed UNDP Internship application form;
- letter from his University confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- a copy of his/her school transcript;
- a letter of endorsement from a senior faculty member who has directly supervised the student in the recent past and who is fully acquainted with the student's performance;
- a motivation letter setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP and what is expected from the experience.
Before starting the internship, interns should submit:
- signed UNDP “Internship Agreement” form;
- confirmed and signed copy of “Medical Certificate of good health” from a recognized physician;
- proof of medical insurance valid for Moldova;
Download the UNDP Moldova application form for internships from UNDP Moldova website: http://www.undp.md/jobs/jobdetails/279/
Please ignore the fields with "financial proposal" and "financial comments".
Required Skills and Experience
UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- written and spoken proficiency in English. Fluency in Russian and/or Romanian is an asset;
- computer literate in standard software applications;
- demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
- demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- A person who is the child or sibling of an UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP. An applicant who bears any other family relationship with a UNDP staff member may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member.
UNDP is an employer devoted to gender equity and to providing equal opportunities to both women and men.UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Chişinău
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31