67924 - Internship for Procurement Unit
UNDP Office has organised internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student or student who just recently graduated to learn some aspects to learn some aspects of procurement. Tasks
The intern will provide support to Procurement staff and works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff on finance-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key responsibilities :
- Provision of support to the procurement processes
- Administrative support sourcing strategy
- Procurement filing management system
The intern will undertake the following tasks:
1. Active involve in analyzing business proces and developing standard operational procedure2. Provision of support to the procurement processes
- Support to the procurement staff in preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Support to the preparation documentation of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, bids or proposal evaluation
- Support to procurement staff in the preparation documentation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
3. Administrative support sourcing strategy
- Support to the procurement unit in updating the rosters of suppliers and consultant.
4. Procurement filing management system
- Provide admin support to procurement staff in managing procurement related letters
- Tracking and updated data on procurement e-sharing document
- Support to the procurement assistant in managing procurement files
- Effective Implementation of procurement processes in line with prevailing rules and regulations
- Effective administration support in sourcing system evidence with updated roster of supplier and consultant.
- Effective support in procurement letter administration
- Effective support in managing procurement files.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Ability to share knowledge and experiences and to provide advice to colleagues
- Willing to learn new knowledge
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide moderate finance and accounting process
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focus on result for the client and respond positively to feedback
- Consistently approach work with energy and positive attitude
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in business administration, or other related field. For those who have graduated , if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Knowledge of - or proven interest in the area of procurement, supply and logistic
- Proficiency in English . Fluency in Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese or Russian is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
All costs connected with an intern's participation in the programme must be borne by the students or the nominating institutions as appropriate
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: Internship
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-12-30