Human Resources Officer (National Contract)
Human Resources Officer
We are looking for highly qualified Human Resources Officer for our program in Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutraality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
The HR Officer, in coordination and cooperation with the program and support team members, and supervised by the HoFA, is expected to substantially contribute to:
1. Ensure DRC Turkey is compliant with DRC Operations Handbook with regards to HR Administration.
2. Ensure DRC Turkey is compliant with applicable National and Donor regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Staff Requisition Form received from field offices and ensure its advertised within the scheduled time.
- Long list CVs for Program Managers.
- Arrange for and participate in Technical Tests and Interviews for positions.
- Perform Reference Checks for potential candidates identified for recruitment.
- Make offer of employment to candidates, with approval from Heads of Office and Program Managers and follow up the process till selection.
- Ensure all necessary documents are collected and filed with regards to recruitment of Syrian Nationals, including İŞKUR letter, Exemption letter etc.
- Ensure the whole recruitment process for each position is documented and filed, including interview forms, Test, reference checks etc.
- Receive new staff members for respective field offices.
- Ensure new staff members are registered on Social Security, first day of their employment.
- Ensure On-Boarding Checklist is completed and filed in Personal File of the staff member.
- Ensure Staff Tracker is updated and staff member is provided ID number per the list.
- Ensure new team member Staff ID Card request is submitted.
- Collect all necessary documents for new team member and filed.
- Ensure new team member receives orientation with all departments (or as necessary) in first two weeks of employment with DRC.
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk etc).
- Ensure contact details of new team member are provided to Admin for Contact List.
- Documentation & Filing
- Develop and maintain well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Maintain personnel files of all national team members for respective field office, ensuring all necessary documents are on the file and monitored including: contracts, code of conduct, job description, holidays and sick leave requests (national and expat staff),
- Regularly update Staff Tracking File for respective field offices with information on changes and paper work.
- Follow up on timesheets to ensure they are prepared, signed and submitted by team members and are filed appropriately.
- Track, register and report leave balance for all staff for respective field office.
- Keep track of contracts' end dates and be proactive in ensuring new contract details are provided to each team member on time.
- Assist in preparing the incentives for volunteers
- Ensure Exit Checklist is filled for departing team members.
- Ensure all necessary documentation relating to departure, including resignation, leave day balance, exit interview etc. are collected and filed.
- Ensure departing team member is provided with employment certificate.
- Deactivate the team member in Staff Tracking File and move Personal File to Inactive staff cabinets.
- Provide support in preparation of induction material for new staff.
- Assists in the review of HR workflow and suggests improvements.
- Assist PMs in identifying and monitors staff training, development and learning needs, contact suitable trainers and service providers.
- Advise and assist the management and employees to respond to employees issues and concerns by interpreting applicable HR policies and procedures and prepare recommendations in these areas as necessary and appropriate.
- Follow up on the yearly performance evaluation process with managers and staff, analyse data for preparing yearly training plan.
- Contribute to preparation of Payroll on a monthly basis to ensure its complete and accurate.
- To check the complaints email account, complaint boxes in main office and CCs, follow up according to DRC complaint mechanism.
Ensure compliance with Turkish labour law and DRC HR regulations.
To be successful in this role you must have
- University degree with a focus on business administration and/or human resources management or with training or further education in the respective field.
- At least two years of work experience in professional settings. At least one year in a non-governmental organization in Turkey, thorough knowledge of Turkish Labour Law.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff.
- Experience working in teams.
- Having proper documentation to work legally in the country (by nationality or existing work visa)
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others;
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential, Fluency in Turkish. Arabic is an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 18 September 2017 and be willing and able to work in Hatay.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 08 September 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sanliurfa
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-09-08