M&E Coordinator East (National Contract)
M&E Coordinator East
We are looking for highly qualified M&E Coordinator East for our program in Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutraality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
The M&E Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of DRC monitoring and evaluation activities in two field bases in respective area.
- The M&E Coordinator East reports to Program Quality Manager and Area Manager East, will be primarily responsible for the monitoring the field base level project activities on a regular basis, developing and managing the two field bases M&E teams and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to program activities implemented in field base
General duties and responsibilities
- Under direct supervision of Area Manager East and technical supervision of PQ Manager, oversee the implementation and coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities at area level in two base level intervention areas as per work plans;
- Technical supervision and management of Monitoring Officer based in Kilis and Assistants based in Şanlıurfa and Kilis level to ensure the daily/weekly/monthly work plan being followed, with objectives and monitoring targets are met on area level in two field bases
- Work closely with Information Management Officer East to perform data extraction, data analysis and producing statistical and graphic reports under supervision of Program Quality Manager.
- Under technical supervision of PQ Manager, provide specific technical training to two field level M&E teams as needed;
- Provide trainings to M&E teams and/or relevant program staff of DRC and/or IP organizations on M&E processes, mechanisms and tools in relation to their dedicated project activites in two field bases at the respective area of operation
Support the development of data collection methodology and tools;
- Follow and ensure compliance with DRC Standard Operational Procedures and DRC MELMOP Guidelines in area level two field bases
Under technical supervision of PQ Manager, ensure quantitative and qualitative data collection activities are practiced accordingly at area level in two field bases;
- Ensure necessary data is collected on area level in two field-bases for analysis & reporting purposes;
- In Şanlıurfa and also area East (covering Şanlıurfa and Kilis) level supervise monitoring teams, and ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent;
- On field-base Şanlıurfa and also area-base (West or East) ensure field monitoring of IP activities, beneficiary visits are conducted and/or focus group discussions are done, as needed and directed by Program Quality Manager;
- On field-base Şanlıurfa and also area (East or West) level ensure teams, conducting home visits, provide information to beneficiaries about available DRC services and general information about access to services in Turkey, etc.;
- Participate in and provide inputs for project kick-off, mid-term review and closure meetings for all projects;
- On field base and area level keep safety focal point, logistics team and supervisor informed of any safety incident that might take place;
- On field base and area level solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries in field base.
- Under technical supervision of PQ Manager, ensure qualitative and quantitative surveys of program/project impact are conducted to inform programming, contribute to project goals are being met and that the Program teams are able to improve the quality of program/project implementation.
- Work with Programme Quality Manager and Area Manager East to develop evaluation tools, sampling methods and protocols for internal evaluations.
- Under direct supervision of Area Manager East and technical supervision of Program Quality Manager support the design, planning and implementation of external evaluations on projects on field base level.
- Work with accountability officer to liaise with both DRC and IP program teams at base level to ensure challenges are raised, addressed and lessons learnt are produced and disseminated.
- Document best practices, lessons learned and organizational learning around monitoring and evaluation approaches and prepare them for annual review.
- Submit monthly/weekly reports to Program Quality Manager on achievement and challenges related to monitoring activities;
- Produce periodic monitoring reports on two field base activities at area level as per M&E plan on each project for donors’ reports as well as for internal stakeholders to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform program development;
- Provide necessary inputs to Program Quality Manager and Area Manager East for donor reports.
- Ensure that the field-base level activities in respective area are compliant with DRC accountability principles, including Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) guidelines.
- Support the extraction, analysis of assessment data and drafting of concise and clear reports for internal reporting purposes on two field base level in respective area.
To be successful in this role you must have;
- University degree or advanced training/courses in statistics, socioeconomic studies, international affairs, emergency management, or other related fields.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience;
- Professional humanitarian experience with a humanitarian aid organization
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Target oriented
- Evaluative thinking
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Turkish are assets
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 18 September 2017 and be willing and able to work in Şanlıurfa.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
The interviews will take place in rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 09 September 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sanliurfa
- Grade: Level not specified
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-09