Documentation and Knowledge Management Associate - Access to Information Phase II Project
A fundamental government responsibility is providing information and services aimed at improving the social and economic welfare of its citizens. During the first phase of the a2i project, fundamental progress has been made in improving access to public services. However, it is critical to expand the breadth and width of such simplified services and improve the service delivery model to counter the impact of widespread outdated manual processes, resistance to change by civil service staff and a lack of transparency that still frustrates citizens in their attempts to avail government information and services.
The objective of the a2i project is to increase transparency, improve governance, and reduce the time, difficulty and costs of obtaining government services for under-served communities of Bangladesh. This is to be achieved by the following five components of the project:
Component 1: Underserved communities have easy access to simplified public administrative services through electronic means.
Component 2: Civil servants and service providers and citizens are aware and capable of facilitating easy access to transparent and responsive services.
Component 3: Enabling legal and policy framework and partnership are in place to facilitate responsive and transparent service delivery.
Component 4: Institutional and incentive frameworks are in place to promote innovative service delivery mechanism.
Component 5: Establishing linkages with public and private sectors and creating awareness among citizens.
‘Access to Information II’ is looking to recruit a Documentation and Knowledge Management Associate who will provide support to implement the Government to Person (G2P) and Person to Government (P2G) payment architecture.
The project is funded by the Government of Bangladesh, UNDP and other development partners, and is implemented by PMO and Cabinet Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Direct Supervision of Programme Coordinator the Documentation and Knowledge Management Associate will complete the following task:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Conduct research to collect necessary data for the documentation.
- Coordinate the overall documentation of the G2P electronic payment project.
- Disseminate and manage G2P electronic payment project results visible to national and international audiences.
- Create a system to capture, develop, share and effectively apply project’s knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct research to collect necessary data for the documentation.
- Develop research plan for collecting data for the documentation.
- Design methodologies for conducting research.
- Develop data collection tools (questionnaire, checklist, etc.).
- Coordinate data collection to ensure the quality of the data as well as the documents.
- Manage data analysis through appropriate statistical software in discussion with data science people.
- Coordinate proper visualization of the data through infographics.
2. Coordinate the overall documentation of G2P electronic payment project
- Develop a comprehensive documentation plan/strategy for the project.
- Manage document drafting, formatting, submitting, reviewing, approving, distributing, reposting and tracking.
- Coordinate with M&E and Results Management (RM) personnels to ensure proper documentation of the project.
- Organize events for collecting data for the documentation.
- Document the results and progress of the project both in soft and hard copies.
- Provide support to the measurement of project results.
- Support in results management planning for the project.
- Provide support and participate contextualize Results Management tools and data collection methodology.
3. Disseminate and manage project results visible to national and international audiences.
- Disseminate project’s results and and its benefits to the internal and external audiences.
- Manage projects results visible to targeted audience by organizing awareness raising activities, and designing programs targeting beneficiaries.
- Provide support in organizing knowledge sharing events (policy dialogues, roundtable discussions on digital financial ecosystem, workshops on G2P and P2G with relevant ministries, seminars, etc.).
- Promote knowledge dissemination across the organization, etc.
- Explore new programmes and activities to raise awareness and engage beneficiaries of a2i.
4. Create a system to capture, develop, share and effectively apply project’s knowledge
- Prepare a comprehensive knowledge management and communication strategy for the project.
- Promote adoption and use of knowledge management in the project through the development and support of communities of practice.
- Share relevant findings with project components and management in appropriate format to ensure the whole organisation benefits from and applies the learning.
- Identify learning needs of project components and design capacity development plan for results based management and reporting.
- Ensure upward, horizontal and downward accountability of project activities through evidence-based reporting.
- Ensure effectiveness of knowledge management initiatives and activities through monitoring and assessment of the initiatives.
- Facilitate learning amongst project components, partners and stakeholders through reviews of progress against benchmarks, collecting lessons learnt and best practices and facilitating dissemination of the same.
- Enrich project’s knowledge repository by actively liaising and collaborating with national and international policy, advocacy and knowledge management experts through the external Results Management Network.
- Identify and support the implementation of innovative approaches to disseminate information and learning to project partners and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance for strategic information dissemination and technical assistance for writing and editing publications.
- Liaise with other relevant institutions and networks in the global community on knowledge sharing lessons learnt, and best practices.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Strong writing ability with exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of many desktop applications that will be useful for the position
- Experience in using specialized computer programs for statistical analysis, such as SPSS/ STATA
- Prior experience with the SharePoint platform is a plus
- Strong design sensibilities
- Experience with interacting with a range of clients
Leadership and Self-Management
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi task under tight deadlines
- Ability to think quickly and improvise when necessary
- Creative self-starter with an ability to work independently and also as an integral part of a team to deliver results
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in in Development Studies / Sociology / Anthropology / Population Sciences / Statistics / Economics / Public Administration / Psychology/ Sustainable Development or any opther related subject.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Research, Documentation and Results Management in Development sector, preferably with international and intergovernmental organizations.
- Ability of writing analytical and high quality report will be given preferences.
- Experience in research, strategy, and M&E is a plus.
- Previous experience in working with UNDP and/or the United Nations and government organization will be an advantage.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on communications for development will add value.
- Article and publications will add value.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Public Policy and Administration
- Operations and Administrations
- Education, Learning and Training
- Administrative support
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Democratic Governance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-10