Programme Assistant - Access to Information Phase II Project
A fundamental government responsibility is providing information and services aimed at improving the social and economic welfare of its citizens. During the first phase of the a2i project, fundamental progress has been made in improving access to public services. However, it is critical to expand the breadth and width of such simplified services and improve the service delivery model to counter the impact of widespread outdated manual processes, resistance to change by civil service staff and a lack of transparency that still frustrates citizens in their attempts to avail government information and services.
The objective of the a2i project is to increase transparency, improve governance, and reduce the time, difficulty and costs of obtaining government services for under-served communities of Bangladesh. This is to be achieved by the following five components of the project:
Component 1: Underserved communities have easy access to simplified public administrative services through electronic means.
Component 2: Civil servants and service providers and citizens are aware and capable of facilitating easy access to transparent and responsive services.
Component 3: Enabling legal and policy framework and partnership are in place to facilitate responsive and transparent service delivery.
Component 4: Institutional and incentive frameworks are in place to promote innovative service delivery mechanism.
Component 5: Establishing linkages with public and private sectors and creating awareness among citizens.
‘Access to Information II’ is looking to recruit a Programme Assistant who will provide support to implement the Government to Person (G2P) and Person to Government (P2G) payment architecture.
The project is funded by the Government of Bangladesh, UNDP and other development partners, and is implemented by PMO and Cabinet Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator the Programme Assistant will do the following work
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensure support to implement project activities;
- Support Monitor and evaluation of project activities;
- Support to maintain existing partnership and establishes new strategic partnerships;
- Support communication & training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure support to implement the project activities
- Support the tracking and monitoring activities of project against implementation plan
- Identify issues and risks and escalate for resolution/mitigation
- Assist to ensure timely and accurate submission of reports to stakeholders and others
- Support preparation for project team meetings
2. Monitor and evaluation of project activities
- Work closely with a2i’s result management team to ensure monitoring and evaluation of the project activities;
- Assist in developing all required systems, tools, reports and indicators, required for efficient, effective reporting;
- Prepare draft report of different activities for project management and partners.
3. Maintain existing partnership and establishes new partnerships
- Support in creating and maintaining partnerships with different relevant ministries/departments, private organizations, policy makers & regulators, donor’s;
- Assist to develop new partnership with different nation and international organizations.
4. Support communication and training
- Support design and organization of training sessions, workshops, orientations and meetings for central and field level officials of stakeholders
- Contribute to publication and documentation of various pilot documentation (e.g. case studies, focus note, research papers, event reports)
- Assist in drafting articles and reports for website and blog post
- Assist in promotional and public communications events
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Strong writing ability with exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of many desktop applications that will be useful for the position, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, and all Internet browsers
- Strong design sensibilities
- Experience in online data sharing system
- Experience with interacting with a range of clients
Leadership and Self-Management
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi task under tight deadlines
- Ability to think quickly and improvise when necessary
- Creative, self-starter with an ability to work independently and also as an integral part of a team to deliver results
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Social Science/ Economics/ Public Administration / English.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant practical work experience;
- Experience in working on financial inclusion/social safety net or financial service will be preferred;
- Experience in research/case study/report writing in English;
- Flexibility to work in a team and temperament to work under pressure
Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bangla.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: SB-2, Service Contract
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-09-10