Legal Project Coordinator (Information Counselling and Legal Assistance) - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
- Line management of ICLA project field staff
Contribute to ICLA strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
Provide regular progress reports to PM (AM and CCs if no PM)
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills (especially at the legal front)
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of ICLA projects (legal activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirement, and ensure high technical quality
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Coordinates the implementation of ICLA legal actives, in cooperation with the ICLA Project Manager
- Engages CBOs, NGOs, legal aid partners and any other relevant stakeholders to build and maintain partnerships aimed at the provision of legal counselling and representation
- Ensures that proper legal advice is provided to refugees from Syria, including through staff, partners and lawyers.
- Overseas and ensures effectiveness of ICLA legal services
- Performs other tasks as required by PM
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a Law university graduate, with a with a minimum of 3 years of relevant previous experience preferably of legal practice and management. Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Through 31st of December 2017 (renewable based on the financial situation and performance)
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD (subject to social security and income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Irbid
- Grade: Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-09-05