HLP-Task Force Co-Lead - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kandahar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Support the National HLP-TF Secretariat
- Support co-facilitation of the Central region Housing, Land and Property Task Force (HLP-TF) meetings and follow up on decisions and action points as necessary
- Support information management at the Central region and National HLP-TF level
- Identify relevant INGOs and NGOs to be regional HLP-TF members and support their inclusion in all activities
- In cooperation with the regional HLP-TF lead, develop and implement appropriate reporting systems to ensure follow-up of HLP issues
- In cooperation with regional and national HLP-TF lead, write analytical reports as necessary
- Assist in the delivery of capacity-building trainings to HLP-TF members and other relevant stakeholders
- Help ensure regional and national HLP-TF members contribute to data collection, assessments and monitoring
- Support the development of national HLP-TF plans to ensure effective advocacy responses to HLP issues at the regional level
- Conduct HLP advocacy meetings with stakeholders as necessary
- Relevant bachelor degree related to Law, Policy, advocacy or housing, land and property
- At least three years’ experience in either advocacy or coordination.
- At least two years’ experience working on HLP issues.
- Proven report writing abilities
- Excellent English skills and fluency in Dari or Pashto
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly to the field independently is essential
- Understanding and respect for humanitarian work, particularly relating to refugee and displacement issues
- Education title: Relevant bachelor’s degree (Law, Policy, Advocacy, or HLP)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected