VN 2017/148 (P) - Information Management Officer (P2) - Niamey, Niger
Position Title Information Management Officer
Duty Station :Niamey, Niger Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 06 September 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles,
Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Migration Response and Resource Mechanism (MRRM)), and in coordination with relevant Program Managers and Sub-Offices, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of information management activities in Niger.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee work of the Information Management Unit including workload distribution among staff, implementing and supervising information management related activities and supporting units in ensuring information management needs are met.
2. Liaise with relevant Units, Sub-Offices and the Regional Office on the development of a coherent strategy of the mobility tracking, flow monitoring and other relevant population data collection management operations.
3. Implement, monitor and produce reports on the information collection aspects of migrant assistance related activities included but not limited to reports for general public, internal reports and donor reports. Ensure that adequate information is collected, analyzed and reported upon. Page 1 / 44. Establish and supervise field assessment with multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about displacement, population mobility, movement flows, and any other source of data required.
5. Responsible for the production of all the required reports and information products on Information Management, including, but not limited to, the analytical and statistical reports, monitoring reports, donor reports, displacement profiles, maps and other relevant products. 6. Support the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)-related projects and programmes.
7. Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications in compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
8. Manage programme staff, prepare and organize training for staff on project activities on a regular basis.
9. Develop and conduct training to relevant stakeholders as required for the implementation of programme activities.
10. Support on Information Management operational and technical aspects.
11. Implement information dissemination tools and operational frameworks for data collection and sharing among key stakeholders.
12. Liaise and participate in IOM at meetings and events where these programmes are being discussed.
13. Undertake duty travel, in line with prevailing security restrictions, relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, and project implementation, as required. 14. Contribute to the resource mobilization efforts, identifying potential new project opportunities and contributing to the preparation of project proposal.
15. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Science, International Relations, Media and Communication or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in humanitarian emergencies;
• Experience in the development and implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM);
• Experience working in the region on similar activities;
• Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets; • Experience in the management of data collection operations using ODK or other mobile data Page 2 / 4collection tools;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff at an operational level; • Advanced skill and experience on data management and knowledge on GIS;
• Advanced use of excel and/or access.
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 06 September 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Page 3 / 4Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 30.08.2017 to 06.09.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/148 (P) - Information Management Officer (P2) - Niamey, Niger (55102698) Released
Posting: Posting NC55102714 (55102714) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Niamey
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-06