We are looking for a highly qualified Case Manager to be part of their protection monitoring project. DRC’s case manager position is responsible for counselling project beneficiaries and providing them with information and referral services on protection and legal documentation.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
Case Managers to be part of their protection monitoring project. DRC’s case manager positon is responsible for counselling project beneficiaries and providing them with information and referral services on protection and legal documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify and assess eligible beneficiaries for project activities
• Responsible for conducting follow-ups and referrals to services providers using applicable tools
• Guarantee constant follow-up on cash for documentation cases
• Monitor successful provision of services and closure of cases
• Provide accurate and detailed legal protection counselling services
• Deliver updated information sessions and individual counselling to Syrian and Jordanian beneficiaries
• Urge beneficiaries to obtain their documents
• Monitor pathways by working closely with Field Officers
• Undertake day-to-day data collection and data entry of field outcomes
• Participates in field mapping exercises and be aware of changes to NGO community
• Coordinate referrals pathways with partner agencies of project beneficiaries
• Ensure information is updated on DRC programming, SOPs and counselling guidelines
• Ensures protection mainstreaming in field activities, including identification of cases for referrals
• Prepare reports and analysis on project activities and results achieved as per the line manager requests and using DRC tools.
• Share trends and observations from the field
• Commit to a strict adherence to the principles of confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the beneficiaries.
• Communicate, collaborate, share information and ensure a transparent, efficient and accurate flow of information with the Senior Field Officer, Field Officers, case managers and the Amman Head Office.
• Actively participate in Base meetings as per Base manager/Area Coordinators’ requests.
• Inform the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
• Comply with DRC policies and practices with respect to code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work/law or related field
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in protection or documentation projects in the humanitarian field
• Previous NGO experience and working with refugees
• Knowledge of needs, services and challenges related to refugee protection in Jordan
• Social work experience
• Experience in counselling and casework is an asset / Excellent communication and listening skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft MS and use of database
• Knowledge of referral mechanism and NGO community is a plus Innovative
• Native Arabic and Fluency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a Six months including three month as probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Amman -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of National Employment grade D.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 12– Sep -2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Amman (Jordan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-11-28
San Diego | United States (United States of America)
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
P-5, International Professional - Open for OSCE's 57 participating States