VN 2017/196 (P) - Head, Talent Management (P5) - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Head, Talent Management
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P5
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 September 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
3. External female candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources Management (HRM), and in coordination with relevant organizational counterparts, the Head of Talent Management (TM) plays a critical role in the successful implementation of the HR strategy and is directly responsible for:
• Managing the IOM HR staffing strategy (including succession planning and mobility), in line with organizational priorities, including gender and geographical diversity - in close coordination with the recruitment unit (REC) for international staff
• Ensuring cohesion and integration of the different Talent Management processes: staffing, staff / career development and learning, diversity and inclusion, and succession planning. • Designing and monitoring workforce metrics
• Coordinating internal and external HR communications and reporting
• Managing and developing partnerships on Human Resources
The position entails occasional travel to IOM duty stations worldwide, representing IOM at specialized interagency fora as required, liaising with member states representatives and external counterparts on HR and TM matters, managing the work of the units under the coordination of TM function and supervising direct reporting staff.
Page 1 / 4Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Monitoring and analysing organizational workforce
• Establish tools and procedures to support HR planning including current and future distribution of skills and competencies across the IOM workforce
• Provide input to the development and ongoing revisions to the job architecture and the competency framework in coordination with HR Policy and Advisory services (including the Organizational Design unit) and HR business partners
• Coordinate the organization’s overall efforts in establishing and maintaining staffing rosters for specific programmatic and/or administrative needs/purposes.
Managing mobility and succession planning
• Identify and monitor the evolution of key positions in the Organization • Oversee the design and application of Talent Management Processes including succession planning, staff development and learning, leadership, mentorship and coaching programs, the rotation cycles and (emergency) deployments.
• Develop specific strategies and action plans for supporting the organizational priorities for the promotion of equal opportunities and equitable gender and geographical representation at all levels.
Staff development and learning
• Develop the IOM staff development and training plans and priorities based on needs assessment and organizational requirements in close coordination with the Training Advisory Committee (TAC).
• Manage the learning budget and implementation of training plans.
• Provide counseling to individual staff and advice to the Administration on development and mobility options.
• Ensure integration and establishment of close functional links between staff learning and performance management.
Partnerships and communication
• Develop and maintain partnerships with external partners, including governments, specialized agencies, universities and UN counterparts
• Represent IOM at external outreach activities, as requested
• Coordinate the development and publication of (i) HRM reports in close coordination with HR Policy and Advisory services and HR data, reporting and compliance focal points in Manila, Panama and HQ and (ii) the development and implementation of HR Communication plans. • Ensure proactive and accurate reporting and communication on IOM HR matters to external counterparts and members of the donor community
Managing the Talent Management function
• Articulate overall strategic direction of the Talent Management function • Ensure input from and coordination with stakeholders, especially with the Regional offices and HQ thematic Departments.
• Coordinate internal and external corporate communications on HRM talent management activities
• Develop or provide input to policies governing the operation of career and organizational mobility, diversity and inclusion, and staff development, in close coordination with stakeholders and HR Policy and Advisory services.
• Ensure accurate and regular monitoring of Talent management policies and processes • Supervise the work of TM staff members
• Coordinate the long-term development of technical tools supporting the TM function. Page 2 / 4Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree with twelve years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Progressively responsible experience including experience in field operations and / or emergency settings;
• Five years of experience in a managerial role, with demonstrated interest and experience in human resources functions, preferably in recruitment, career development, training, and/or workforce planning;
• Experience designing, implementing, and advocating for organizational change initiatives; • Proven interpersonal and influencing skills, including the ability to successfully drive agenda and work effectively with senior-level stakeholders;
• Proven track record of building strategic alliances within own organization and with external stakeholders in public and private sectors.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 September 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 31.08.2017 to 13.09.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/196 (P) - Head, Talent Management (P5) - Geneva, Switzerland (55163237) Released
Posting: Posting NC55163246 (55163246) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: P-5, International Professional - Senior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-13