Pakistan, being a UN member state has adopted the new framework of Sustainable Development Goals. The SDGs comprise of 17 goals and 169 targets that have been adopted at the UN General Assembly session held in September 2015 to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change challenges by 2030.
To reaffirm its commitment to the sustainable development in the province, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has embarked upon the comprehensive project for effective localization of Sustainable Development Goals in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The project aims to translate the SDGs Framework into concrete plans and interventions at provincial and district level. In this regard, planning shall be done by establishing short and medium term goals rather than only having end-point targets.
In line with the initiative by the Federal Government, a dedicated SDG Wing in the Sustainable Development Unit, P&DD is being set up with technical assistance from UNDP. The MAPS for SDGs Wing will provide an institutional and governance structure for localization of SDGs in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The initiative includes four key outputs: (1) plans, policies and resource allocation are aligned to 2030 Agenda; (2) monitoring, reporting and evaluation capacities are strengthened; (3) financing flows are increasingly aligned with the 2030 Agenda; and (4) innovative approaches to accelerate progress are piloted.
To this end, P&DD, Government of KP and UNDP require services of a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to support in ensuring the project maintains its strategic vision and activities are aligned with the project outputs. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will support the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual Reports on project progress, monitoring the project activities on a regular basis, developing the online M&E system and collecting & analyzing different data streams in relation to project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate implementation of SDG project planning processes, by focusing on the following results:
Coordinate implementation of the SDG project results and other monitoring systems, by focusing on the following results:
Coordinate project reporting processes and ensure preparation of timely project reports, focusing on the following results:
Maintains & liaisons with Bureau of Statistics and other ministries to collect data from the national database
Impact of Results:
The key results have a profound impact on the delivery of Project outputs and the achievement of Project targets and they contribute to the overall impact of the Project as well as to the overall development effectiveness of UNDP´s activities in the country.
- Promotes ethics and integrity and creates organizational precedents;
- Builds support and political acumen;
- Builds staff competence and creates an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Builds and promotes effective teams;
- Creates and promotes environment for open communications;
- Leverages conflict in the interest of UNDP and sets standards;
- Shares knowledge across the organization and builds a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
Job knowledge/technical expertise:
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines;
- Serves as internal consultant in the area of expertise and shares knowledge with staff;
- Continues to seek new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit;
- Keeps abreast of the new developments in the area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to development him/herself professionally;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it;
Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree in public policy research, economics, political science, Development Studies, public administration, social sciences, or any other relevant area.
- At least 03 years of relevant experience in monitoring, evaluation, performance management/monitoring and reporting in development projects or programmes.
- Proven practical skills and familiarity with monitoring and evaluation approaches and tools.
- Proven previous experience in data and information analysis;
- Demonstrated experience in results monitoring and implementation of systems and tools in the area of RBM and monitoring and evaluation is a requirement;
- Demonstrable training/experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies is an asset;
- Familiarity with SPSS is preferable;
- Experience in working at the country level, preferably in post-conflict environments;
Strong communication skills both written and verbal, demonstrated report writing skills;
HEC attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment
process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to(i) Present a
verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment,
orii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the
physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
(local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Peshāwar
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract - Junior level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-18