Consultancy to develop a Political Participation Library in Wordpress
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
The UN Women Training Centre (TC) is dedicated to supporting the UN and other stakeholders to realize commitments to gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights through transformative training and learning.
The Political Participation Library (Biblioteca de participación política) is a compilation of 45 publications in Spanish on promoting gender equality policies at the local level.
Adapting the software of this library to Wordpress will allow to integrate it into the new Wordpress eLearning Campus of the UN Women TC and solve PHP programming errors.
The files are available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9GDlo59V-mMd0dDYzM4djF0eWM
Duties and Responsibilities
- Propose a repository system -including a basic search feature- to compile the 45 publications.
- Implement the library in a development environment upon approval of the proposed methodology. Export and test it on the eLearning Campus website.
- Implement feedback on both the development and the live environment and deliver the source files.
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
· Demonstrate the values of United Nations and UN Women, act without consideration of personal gain, resist undue political pressure in decision-making, no abuse of power or authority, stand by decisions in the organization’s interest, and take action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
· Show pride in work and achievements, demonstrate professional competence and mastery of subject matter, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and achieving results, motivated by professional rather than personal concerns, show persistence when faced with challenges, and remain calm in stressful situations.
Respect for Diversity:
· Work effectively with people from all backgrounds, treat all people with dignity and respect, treat men and women equally, show respect for and understand diverse opinions by examining own biases and behaviours to avoid stereotypical responses, and do not discriminate against any individual or group.
Ethics and Values:
· Promoting Ethics and Integrity / Creating Organizational Precedents.
· Building support and political acumen.
Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring:
· Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
Working in Teams:
· Building and promoting effective teams.
Communicating Information and Ideas:
· Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
Self-management and Emotional intelligence:
· Creating an emotionally intelligent organization.
Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements:
· Leveraging conflict in the interests of the organization & setting standards.
Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning:
· Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
· Excellent level of conceptual and analytical capacity;
· Demonstrates use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements;
· Able to work virtually, using communication technologies;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Proven skills in desktop computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in computer sciences, engineering, eLearning or ITC technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing Wordpress-based solutions.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Spanish and English.