Market Research and Development - Junior Specialist
The project aims to socially and economically empower young men and women in entrepreneurial skills, confidence building, and empowering skills necessary to improve their access to productive resources and sustainable income potential as well as better engagement in development processes. Entrepreneurial training and incubation will be systematically linked and integrated with other complementary interventions such as access to markets, finance, appropriate technology, entrepreneurship development and follow up technical assistance, advisory services, and referral. This project is also aims to empower youth to have meaningful voice and participation in decision making processes in local and national level.
The project involves strategic partnerships with private sectors, government authorities, local leaders and community, civil societies and relevant institutions.
The consultant will support the achievement of the following project outcomes and outputs.Outcome 1: Growth and development are inclusive and sustainable, incorporating productive capacities that create employment and livelihoods for the poor and excluded
Output 1.1: National and sub-national capacities and systems enhanced for employment and livelihood creation through entrepreneurship development and career services.
Output 1.2: Jobs and livelihoods created for youth and by youth, as a result of the Knua Juventude Fila-Liman (disaggregated by sex, age, income and geographic locations).
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work under the overall supervision of Programme and Project Managers to perform the following task:
Market Research and Development
- Conduct research and analysis on market supply and demand for goods/produces, services and facilities in the areas on agriculture, fisheries, forestry, tourism and relevant products or services in as least selected municipalities
- Work with Telemor and the Business Development Specialist to establish E-Market linking suppliers to buyers.
- Promote the platform and train local businesses to use the platform.
- Identify at least 20 suppliers and 10 buyers use the platform by the launching date.
- Organise launching events to publish and research/analysis report and the E-Market platform
- Support local business to identify potential domestic and foreign buyers
- Assess the learning needs local businesses and develop capacity building plan relevant to market development.
- Provide training on the identified learning needs.
- Train and guide youth researchers to produce quality research that is relevant to small and medium enterprises development policies, within the framework of a successful commercial strategy;
Technical and advisory support on market development and marketing
- Develop simple and step by step marketing strategy to be used by local business.
- Provide technical support in developing marketing strategy for at least 10 local business.
- Provide ongoing technical and advisory support in areas relevant to marketing such as product selection, pricing, packaging, distribution, and promotional activities to potential business plan/start-ups.
- Support in organizing promotional activities for local business to showcase their products and create consumer demand.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, including the ability to liaise effectively at senior levels;
- High business planning, modelling, and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in an international, multicultural environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
Required Skills and Experience
At least Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Economics, Administration, social sciences or related areas.
- At least 1 year of professional experiences in business and market development, marketing, market supply and demand research/study, E-Market development.
- At least 1 (one) year of working experience for Bachelor degree and one (zero) year of experience for master degree in previous experience in market development support in the public or private sector.
- Experience in conducting market research/analysis on supply and demand of goods, services, and facilities or marketing in the area of agriculture, fisheries, forestry, tourism, and other relevant areas.
- Regional experience in Southeast Asia or the Pacific region particularly in Timor-Leste.
Fluently in spoken and written English and Tetun is required.
TOR, P11 form and financial proposal template can be downloaded from this link http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=40652
Please note that the application package must be uploaded as one file document as the online application allows only one time document uploading. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dili
- Grade: National Consultant - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2017-09-15