Individual Consultant (Coastal Zone Management)- (Open To Indian Nationals Only)
New Delhi (India)
UNDP is working with MoEFCC to enhance the resilience of coastal communities to climate change through a larger programme under development. The programme envisages combining GCF grant finance with significant leveraged co-finance to initiate and scale up a new approach to cross-sectoral planning and governance of the coastal zone, investing in ecological infrastructure for climate change adaptation – both to buffer disasters and to support resilient livelihoods.
The Programme objective is to enhance the resilience of the lives and livelihoods of the most vulnerable populations, particularly women, in the coastal areas of India to climate change and extreme events, using an ecosystem-centered and community-based approach. This will contribute to the GCF’s Fund Level Impacts of increased resilience and enhanced livelihoods of the most vulnerable people, communities and regions and improved resilience of ecosystems and ecosystem services, with additional co-benefits through reduced emissions from natural ecosystems.
The UNDP -MoEFCC partnership works at national and state levels to enhance capacity for ecosystem and community-based approaches. The partnership under the developing programme promotes ecosystem and community-based approaches in all of India’s 9 coastal States and 2 island Union Territories. Under the larger programme, specific restoration and livelihood interventions will be undertaken in the target states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Odisha, with learning shared across all coastal states and the relevant districts within them, and more widely in the South Asian region.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Individual Consultant hired under the MoEFCC-UNDP partnership will be based at MoEFCC, New Delhi and shall work under the direct supervision of the Joint Secretary, MoEFCC, and Head Energy & Environment Unit, UNDP, New Delhi.
Broad functions to be performed by the incumbent include:
- Technical support to SICOM for the GCF project on “Enhancing climate resilience of India’s Coastal Communities”
- Provide inputs for drawing up National Coastal Mission;
- Technical support to the activities under the national component of the Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) project;
- Documentation and Knowledge Management for issues related to Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ).
Performing the functions outlined above, the consultant should support MoEFCC and UNDP to analyze policies (domestic/international) related to coastal zone management, prepare policy papers, manage and update information, lead capacity building initiatives, engage with key stakeholders and any other task assigned by the Supervisor. The consultant will submit monthly reports to UNDP duly approved by the Supervisor from MoEFCC.
Deliverable 1: submission of monthly report for the month of September duly approved by supervisor.
Deliverable 2: submission of monthly report for the month of October duly approved by supervisor.
Deliverable 3: submission of monthly report for the month of November duly approved by supervisor.
Deliverable 4: submission of monthly report for the month of December duly approved by supervisor.
- Familiarity with the working environment and professional standards of international organizations and national and State Governments. In-depth knowledge of environmental and climate change related concepts, theories, policies and practices;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Communication and time management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate in Environment Studies.
- At least 10 years of relevant post Masters Experience at the national level on environmental issues;
- Atleast 5 years’ Experience of working with Central or state Government on environmental issues.
- An excellent command of English is required.
Submission of proposal:Financial Proposal:
- Consultant shall specify his/her per day consultancy rate;
- Any travel with prior UNDP approval will be handled separately as per rules.
- Consultant should submit his/her updated CV with three references.
- Monthly, based on number of days worked in a month and deliverable submitted.
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation;
Technical Criteria weight - 70%;
Financial Criteria weight - 30%.Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Criteria for Technical Evaluation would be as under:
- Qualification - 20%;
- Relevant Work Experience-50%.
- Any kind of miscellaneous charges i.e. internet, phone etc. would not be reimbursed; Tickets will be issued considering the most direct and economical option and Consultants are not eligible for DSA;
- Individuals working with institutions may also apply, contract would be issued in the name of institution for the specific services of individual;
- Please note proposals without financial proposal will not be considered;
- CV and Financial proposal have to be clubbed in one file for uploading. Complete Proposal has to be sent online only;
- The consultants must bring his/her own computing equipment.
For any clarification please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New Delhi (India)
- Grade: National Consultant - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2017-09-13
International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
Multiple locations (Various)