Expatriate Intern / volunteer – Gender specialist
We are looking for a highly qualified Expatriate Intern or a Volunteer Gender Specialist to join our DRC office in Algeria.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC has been working in the Saharawi refugee camps (Tindouf, Algeria) since April 2016, implementing livelihood projects in all five camps: Boujdour, Smara, Ausserd, Laayoune and Dakhla. The objective of the 2017 livelihoods project is to continue improving living conditions and increase autonomy and self-management in order to mitigate the protection risks, particularly for the youth in the camps.
DRC is looking for an Intern with Gender Studies or Volunteer who has seasoned experience in conducting Gender Plans, or similar, assessments with both, men and women, in the target areas.
About the job
Within the duration of the assignment, the Gender intern/ volunteer is expected to undertake a gender analysis in order to effectively mainstream gender into the design and implementation of DRC programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a detailed gender analysis
- Collect sex-disaggregated baseline data
- Develop a plan of action
- Integrate gender mainstreaming in the programmes.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Post-graduate degree in gender or relevant development-oriented subject.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with community-based and participatory approaches to research.
- Essential: English C1 / C2
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Desirable experience in programme management of gender equality, gender mainstreaming or women empowerment policies/projects/programmes; knowledge of gender equality at the institutional level.
- Previous experience in Saharawi refugee camps.
- Spanish B2 / C1 and Arabic B2 / C1
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 7 weeks contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 15th of October 2017 and be willing and able to work in Rabouni, Tindouf. Algeria.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A21.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
- an updated CV with details of qualifications and experiences indicating documentation of relevant assignments undertaken and full correct details of three professional referees (no longer than four pages)
- Technical proposal that summarizes understanding of the advertisement including the proposed methodology ( 2 pages maximum)
- The foreseen work plan.
All must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 21/09/2017. The interviews are expected to take place 25-27 of September 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Laura Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Laura Hernandez will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo