Campaign Management Skills Trainer
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Women's leadership and participation is one of UN Women's primary areas of work as mandated in its inception, recognizing the integral role of women in strong and stable democratic processes. UN Women works to implement Impact 1 of the Entity's Strategic Plan 2014-17 'Women lead and participate in all areas of decision-making'. To promote the leadership and participation of women in all levels of decision-making processes, UN Women is required to work with a range of stakeholders including women leaders and aspiring candidates, national parliaments and parliamentarians, political parties, media, civil society organizations, and electoral management bodies, in coordination with UN partner Entities.
UN Women Lebanon has partnered with the newly created State Ministry for Women´s Affairs (OMSWA) to implement an agreed roadmap with the overall objective to enhance the role of Lebanese women for effective and meaningful participation in the upcoming political elections scheduled for May 2018. Key components of this road map include:
- Capacity building of women leaders, aspiring candidates and voters so women can better advocate and boost their active representation;
- Country wide advocacy targeting key electoral stakeholders and communities to promote an inclusive electoral process and a positive portrayal of women political leaders.
To this end, UN Women is seeking the services of a campaign management skills Trainer to be responsible for the implementation of the Roadmap Component 1.
Objective of the Assignment:
The Campaign Management Skills Trainer will work under the direct supervision of the ROAS WPLE Advisor and the overall supervision of the ROAS Deputy Regional Director to provide the needed technical support to design, execute and report on the two rounds of the Campaign Management Skills. This is a home-based assignment with travel missions to Beirut, Lebanon.
More specifically, the Campaign Management Skills Trainer will have the following responsibilities:
- Design the Campaign Management Skills Training Package including: Manuals, Hand-outs, exercise, PowerPoint presentations, etc.;
- Execute two rounds of training targeting 50 women from the different Parties’ Women Section or independent aspirants;
- Reflect on the executed training through developing a comprehensive report covering the technical, logistical, administrative parts of the executed training;
- Document lessons learned/best practices that would support in future initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Campaign Management Skills Training will be responsible to:
Training Material Development:
- Develop the training manual;
- Provide participants with learning material related to the module.
Training Delivery Methodology and Approach:
- Develop the Training Agenda;
- Develop and utilize training aids such as PowerPoint Presentations;
- Ensure design of the training room, equipment, acoustics, etc. are suitable, functional and in place.
Training Evaluation- Ways Forward
- Conduct the training in Arabic;
- Develop a training evaluation form;
- Develop a brief consolidated final training report including realistic recommendations to contribute to promoting women’s involvement in politics, and in particular, women’s participation in parliament;
- Participate in a final training evaluation meeting to present and discuss the final report to all stakeholders (OMSWA and UN Women).
Campaign Management Skills Skeleton including (7 days after signing contract in September/October):
- The methodology of the module;
- The course outlines;
- The training action plan and agenda.
Campaign Management Skills Training Material including (20 days after signing the contract):
- Develop the training curricula/training (in hard and soft copies in Arabic) including:
- The Facilitator’s session plans;
- Sessions’ PowerPoint Presentations;
- Related exercises, hand-outs, etc.
Campaign Management Skills Training Execution (November – December 2017):
- Execute two rounds of training each:
- ?Covers three full days (total of 6 days);
- Targets 25 participants (total 50 participants)
Campaign Management Training evaluation (15 days post training execution):
- Develop an End-of-Training Evaluation Form;
- A comprehensive and consolidated report including:
- The main reflections/lesson learnt/best practices;
- The main recommendations on the following:
- How to improve the upcoming trainings;
- How to contribute to the main objective of advancing women’s political participation;
- Develop a PowerPoint Training Evaluation Brief capturing lesson learnt, best practices and ways forward and present it to representatives of the OMSWA and ROAS.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Substantive experience and record of accomplishment in the area of women political participation;
- Demonstrated People Management Skills;?
- Good knowledge of UN Women and the UN system;?
- Excellent problem solving and facilitation skills;
- Sound judgment as well as professionalism and maturity;
- Ability to manage time and organize work efficiently including handling heavy workloads and deadlines;
- Demonstrated research and analytical knowledge and skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural settings and in teams;
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters degree Political Science, Sociology; Law or any related field is required.
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in conducting similar trainings with women aspirants/potential candidates;
- Good knowledge on the Lebanon’s political landscape and institutional frameworks, (including the electoral system) would be an asset;
- A demonstrated capacity to mainstream gender in the training’s curricula’s design, implementation and evaluation is required;
- Sound knowledge of the UN rules and regulations will be an asset;
- Familiarity with Lebanon’s women’s rights organizations and networks will be an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic is required and fluency in French is desirable, including demonstrated high-level writing skills.
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combines score (financial and technical).
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 70. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
- At least 7 years progressively responsible experience in designing and managing political campaigning capacity building programmes and advocating for women´s rights ideally with some experience in developing countries, Maximum obtainable points: 25;
- Experience in electoral law, structures and systems, Maximum obtainable points: 15 – specific experience in Lebanon, Maximum obtainable points 5;
- Experience working with, and building partnerships with governments, donors and civil society organizations internationally and in the field, Maximum obtainable points: 15;
- Experience working with the UN is an asset, Maximum obtainable points: 5;
- Fluency in Arabic is required, Maximum obtainable points: 5;
- Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 49 points (70%) will be considered as technically-qualified candidate.
The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
(Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30*"Lowest Bid Offered" refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in technical evaluation.
- The total number of points allocated for the price component is 30.
The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 70 points in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining your suitability for the work and link to portfolio of work;
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Personal CV; and Financial proposal; Proposed inclusive monthly rate.
The above-mentioned documents should be merged in a standalone file including all of them, since the online application submission does only permit to upload one file per application. Incomplete submission will not be reviewed.