VideoGrapher for interactive Videos, Re - Advertise
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
UN Women is the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. In 2012, UN Women has extended its work to include the Arab Region through UN Women’s Regional Office for Arab States (ROAS). UN Women is active six impact areas: political participation, economic empowerment, gender-based violence, gender-responsive budgeting, women in peace and security and HIV.
UN Women Regional Program Men and Women for Gender Equality aims to respond to new challenges and opportunities raised by the Arab uprisings regarding gender equality and women’s empowerment. It seeks to understand the root causes of gender inequalities and to address them through an innovative bottom-up approach.
The UN Women Regional Office for Arab States and Promundo-US released the regional report with the results of the International Men and Gender Equality Survey (IMAGES) – conducted in Egypt, Palestine, Morocco, and Lebanon - both internationally as well as in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. The IMAGES research, co-created and coordinated by Promundo is one of the most comprehensive studies ever on men’s practices and attitudes as they relate to gender norms, attitudes toward gender equality policies, household dynamics including caregiving and men’s involvement as fathers, intimate partner violence, health, and economic stress, and is in process or has been implemented in nearly 30 countries around the world. The research is implemented in the MENA region under the UN Women Regional Program Men and Women for Gender Equality funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Authority (SIDA).
Duties and Responsibilities
UN Women Regional Office for Arab States in Cairo requires professional services to deliver video production services to produce interactive and engaging videos based on the key findings of IMAGES MENA with the objective of promoting the engagement of men and boys in gender equality.
The consultant will undertake interactive video production of several videos covering number of themes inspired by the key findings of IMAGES MENA. The expected video material outputs in this category include narrative, documentaries, promotional videos for social media and any other multi-media production. The expected video materials outputs in this category include 2D – 3D graphics, video graphics, mixing between visual motion and video footage graphic manipulation, special effects and color correction. In addition to video documentation of the social experiment in 4 countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, and Morocco.
Objective of the Assignment:
- Produce a series of interactive video stories, using tools such as VR, inspired by the results of IMAGES MENA;
- Develop a comprehensive action plan for producing the interactive videos content;
- Develop a comprehensive action plan for implementing the social experiment in 4 countries;
- Conduct the necessary background research, scripts and follow-ups for the videos;
- Conduct relevant video component interviews as per the guideline;
- Capture and edit videos and/or audios as shot from the field as required;
- Tailor and package key messages to be communicated in the video/audio product to suit a wider audience(s);
- Produce documentary (ies) as per contractual terms;
- Provide a final report.
The consultant is required to develop the following products:
- 4 VR Videos and 5 Reaction Videos;
- Submit 3-4 different scenarios and storyboards when requested, for the videos and present it to UN Women Communication team;
- Video documentation (shooting & interviews) of the social experiment upon request from the Communication team, based on UN Women guidelines for video production and multi-media documentation;
- Editing (including addition of narration & music) of raw footage as per Communications team recommendations/ requests and UN Women guidelines for video production and multi-media documentation;
- Translation & subtitling of media pieces upon request from the communications team;
- Finalization of the video material (Colour & sound correction and any other graphical effects/additions needed) under the guidance of the communication team and following UN Women guidelines for branding and copyrights;
- Submission of the final videos material in 2 sets; a- High quality b- Compressed quality for uploading and sharing on the various internet venues.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and to multi-task;
- Focuses on result and responds positively to feedback;
- Excellent knowledge of office software packages.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master degree in videography, visual arts, or any relevant digital media certifications.
- Videographer must have at least 5 years of progressive experience in video production of narrative, interactive techniques, and multimedia production, from initial concept to finished product;
- Well proven and demonstrated capacity and experience in the field of video documentation; visual motion; creative and highly engaging products;
- Ability to cover several simultaneous requests including in-house and field work;
- Ability to set clear time plans and well scheduled work processes;
- Good connections with field coordinators and technical personnel for efficient and effective field work with complete flexibility for multi-stops travels;
- Full access to latest equipment and technologies;
- Journalistic and production skills, editing etc.;
- Experience working on or knowledge of gender equality and violence against women issues; as well as youth-related issues is an asset;
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with culturally diverse and international groups.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology: ??Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical Criteria Weight: 70%
- Criteria: Minimum 5 years of experience in video production of narrative, interactive techniques, and multimedia production (Weight: 20%. Maximum obtainable Points: 20);
- Criteria: Traceable record of work in the field of video documentation; visual motion; creative and highly engaging products (Weight 15%; maximum obtainable points 15);
- Criteria: Computer literacy, electronic networks and software used for communication purposes, in addition to Full access to latest equipment and technologies.) (Weight: 15%. Maximum obtainable Points: 15);
- Criteria: Practical experience working with field coordinators and technical personnel for efficient and effective field work with complete flexibility for multi-stops travels (Weight 20%; maximum obtainable points 20);
Financial: Lowest financial proposal: 30%.
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combines score (financial and technical). The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
(Lowest Bid Offered*)/(Bid of the Consultant) x 30.
*"Lowest Bid Offered" refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in technical evaluation.
Kindly note that in case of selection, payment later on will be disbursed on three phases upon submission of the below deliverables:
- First Deliverable:
- Submission of plan for the videos' themes and draft storyboard 20% of the contract value.
- Second Deliverable:
- Submission of 3-4 VR videos: 40% of the contract value.
- Third & Final Deliverable:
- Submission of 5 reaction videos: 40% of the contract value.
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
Proposal:To be included as part of the proposal:
- A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining your suitability for the work;
- A brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work (limit to under 1,500 words);
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment; and
- Personal CV and work portfolio.
- Proposed daily fee. (in US dollars) – taking into account any additional costs (travel, DSA and translation/transcription);
- Please note that UN Women ROAS will cover international travel and accommodation cost to other Arab Countries requested by UN Women communication team.
The above-mentioned documents (Cover letter, Methodology, UN Women P11, Personal CV and financial proposal) should be merged in a standalone file including all them, since the online application submission does only permit to upload one file per application. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.