International Consultant- Development of laboratory equipment specifications for simulation labs
The overall objective of this consultancy is to provide technical assistance on the development of laboratory equipment specifications for simulation labs, including virtual training, which will be established at the NCMCH and the School of Nursing. The selected consultant will work with the Project team as well as technical working group members at the NCMCH remotely.
Description of services required
1. Provide technical support to the NCMCH and School of Nursing in establishing the simulation training centers. In collaboration with the Project team and experts from the NCMCH, the consultant is required to provide detailed guidance on the following:
• Location and logistics: Based on the international standards, provide detailed guidance on the location, infrastructure of the laboratory including space, size, standard design and etc
• Human resource and job desciption: Provide support in identifying human resource needs of the laboratory and help with the job descriptions
2. Provide technical support in developing technical specifications of equipment with high fedality manikins for nursing,midwifery and obstetrics emergency including critical care
3. Develop technical specifications for one station for computer based virtual simulation training in common gynecological surgical procedures
4. Prepare bidding documents based on existing format provided by the Project team
• Guidance paper for the simulation training unit, including a plan for the training cycle for the first year, will be developed and handed over to the Project team by the end of consultancy
• A complete list of simulation lab equipment with detailed technical specifications will be developed and handed over to the Project team by the end of consultancy
• A guidance book for simulation courses’ for effective functioning
Qualifications and requirements
- At least 10-15 years of experience in clinical skill training in the area of Ob/Gyn
- Demonstrated hospital and teaching experiences in required setting
- Previous experience in international consultancy for developing countries in the field of simulation trainings and courses and workshops
- Good transfer knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is required
Duration: 7 working days including report writing
1. Completed and signed UN personal history form P11 (CV outlining academic and professional experience may be supplemented).
2. Technical proposal which provides (a) information of experience of working similar fields, (b) concise plan and methodology to conduct this consultancy, and (c) list of similar consultancies undertaken outlining brief description of consultancy, deliverables, employer name, etc.
3. All-inclusive price quotation to be quoted separately from Technical Proposal (the quotation is subject to negotiation by UNFPA should it exceed allowed threshold).
Kindly note that incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
Contact person: Ms. P.Altantuya, UNFPA Administrative Assistant
UNFPA Mongolia Country Office (Floor 4)
UN House, UN Street 14, Sukhbaatar District, Post Office 46, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 14201
Tel: 976-11-353503, extension 3353; Fax: 976-11-353502
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Ulaanbaatar
- Grade: Consultant
- Nuclear Technology
- Closing Date: 2017-09-22