National Programme Analyst WPS
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Building on over fifteen years of experience in the area of women, peace and security, including conflict prevention and resolution, peacebuilding, security sector reform and access to justice, UN Women’s Asia Pacific Regional Office has been working to ensure a gender sensitive approach to understanding and preventing violent extremism across the region.
Reporting to Programme Specialist on Women, Peace and Security, the National Programme Officer will support the development and implementation of UN Women programming on women, peace and security in the Philippines, with a particular focus on preventing violent extremism. This will entail the implementation of UN Women’s regional program on preventing violent extremism, as well as mobilizing resources and engaging with donors and other stakeholders including Member States, national or regional organizations and civil society.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of women, peace and security:
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
2. Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the women, peace and security programme
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
3. Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities;
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the women, peace and security programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
4. Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports
5. Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the women, peace and security programme
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports;
6. Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
7. Contribute to inter-agency coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence for women, peace and security in the Philippines
- Provide substantive technical support to the Programme Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
8. Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to women, peace and security;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on women, peace and security;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of women, peace and security with focusing on prevention of violence and extremism, and conflict-related issues
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the women, peace and security or prevention of violence and extremism is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Tagalog is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.