Coordinator of Support Programmes
Coordinator of Support Programmes Grade IS – 6 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Country Programming Division Closing date 2 October 2017 Reporting to Director of Country Programming Division Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/220 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate act ion and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low -emission and climate- resilient societies. It is country -driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national a spirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has bu ilt up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts. The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talent ed staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Position description
The Coordinator of Support Programmes will be the overall le ad of GCF’s support programmes, including the Readiness and Preparatory Support Programme (including support for adaptation planning) and the Project Preparation Facility.
Duties and responsibilities
• Lead the GCF’s support programmes, including the Readiness and Preparatory Support P rogramme (including support for adaptation planning) and the Project Preparation Facility ; • Further develop standards, systems and processes to efficiently receive, approve and disburse funds under the support programmes for activities that build lasting capacities in countries and direct access entities, and
help to develop high-quality pipelines for the GCF;
• Oversee the processes for inputs and review in the consideration of proposals under the support programmes
in coordination with other divisions, particularly Division of Mitigation and Adaptation (DMA) and Division
of Private Sector Facility (DPSF), and also maintain an oversight of the implementation of funded activities
in coordination with Portfolio Management Unit (PMU);
• Lead the process of identifying and building partnerships with institutions capable of supporting countries
and direct access entities through the support programmes;
• Oversee the quality of inputs and reviews provided by the environmental, social, gender and economics
functions in the programming and project cycles for funding proposals as well as the support programmes ;
• Manage a team of Readiness and PPF specialists/senior specialists and relevant staff and consultants
reporting to them.
Expected experience and qualifications*
• Masters level degree in relevant fields, including engineering, business, economics, etc. from a reputabl e
• A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in project preparation, including experience in, or working
with, developing countries, entity programmes, etc.;
• Significant experience in project design, structuring, and appraisal;
• Experience in climate related projects, especially in adaptation is a plus;
• Experience in climate finance; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of
another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The
above criteria should be se en as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for
consideration. Selection among short -listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview,
appropriate testing, and references.
• Judgement and decision making
• Building trust
• Managing teams
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Coordinator of Support Programmes”
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e -mail acknowledging receipt of your
application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting
your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-02