Intern (Sustainable Business Abroad)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) China is the China country office of the United Nations Development Programme – the global development network of the United Nations. UNDP China has an extensive history in working in the area of poverty reduction and human development and it also increasingly engages in South-South cooperation projects. For more information please see http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home.html and http://www.cn.undp.org/.
Working in a large multilateral organization that has a longstanding partnership with the Chinese government, the intern will gain unique experience of policy analysis and formulation, especially in the context of socio-economic development, and the wide array of work that UNDP does to address the world's development challenges. During the internship, under the overall supervision of the programme manager, the intern will work in Sustainable Business Abroad team..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sustainable Business Abroad (SBA) Team mainly focuses on partnership with Chinese government and enterprises to promote sustainable development of Chinese enterprises, both domestically and internationally. The intern in the SBA team will undertake the following tasks::
- Assist in developing the annual report on the Sustainable Development of Chinese Enterprises Overseas, including collecting questionnaires, analyzing results, and basic research, etc.
- Translate related materials to assist the unfolding of SBA projects.
- Provide support to the organization of the official mission of senior management and high-level visits of UN officials and key counterparts.
- Assist in organizing seminars, workshops and training events for SBA projects.
- Facilitate effective working relations and communication channels with the Chinese governmental partners and private partners.
- Provide other administrative support as requested
The intern will be expected to be someone who can work as part of a team and who:
1. Achieves results:
· Is flexible and adaptable to changing work requirements and has the flexibility to work on a variety of projects under tight timeframes and busy schedules
· Supports a positive working environment, in which he or she can both take initiative and also seek guidance and support from others when appropriate
· Has sound analytical and research skills
· Is well organized and efficient
2. Supports productive working relationships:
· Participates actively as part of a team to achieve goals.
· Shares ideas and information and seeks guidance from others.
· Has good interpersonal skills and is able to thrive in a multicultural environment.
3. Displays personal drive and integrity:
· Behaves professionally and ethically at all times.
· Enthusiastically accepts tasks and initiates action.
· Is self-motivated, result-oriented and responsible.
4. Listens and communicates effectively both orally and in writing (in English and preferably Chinese):
· Communicates messages clearly and concisely.
· Provides accurate information.
5. Has full computer literacy (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Enrolled in a graduate programme, preferably with a focus in business management, economics, international development, international relations, public policy or a related field. We may also consider final-year under-graduate students who possess knowledge in relevant fields.
Experience: Relevant academic or professional experience is desired.
Language Requirements: Full fluency in English and Chinese is critical, both written and spoken.
(Please mention length of study and stays in Chinese/English speaking countries.)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: Internship
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-25
New York City (United States of America)