Monitoring Evaluation Specialist (17-64)
Sindos region (Greece)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks an experienced project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to support the implementation of SERVIR Amazonia, a large research for development project that will cover activities across the entire Amazonian region. SERVIR Amazonia is a joint USAID/NASA opportunity to help the Amazon region (Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Guyana, and Suriname) to improve environmental management and resilience to climate stress by strengthening the capacity of governments and other key stakeholders to integrate Earth observation information and geospatial technologies into development decision-making.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by the 15 research centers who are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
The Position: The M&E Specialist will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of theoverallM&Esystem,asacriticalfunctiontosupporttheeffectivenessoftheprojecttowardsachieving major R&D goals in environmental conservation and climate change. The M&E functions will cover work to be implement as part of CIP’s responsibilities in the project as well as those of key partners. A strong focus of the position will be to identify and suggest actions to ensure benefits of the program reach several diverse social groups, including women and men, youth and indigenous populations. He or she will be inventive and innovative in finding novel ways to efficiently collect, analyze and communicate disaggregated quantitative and qualitative data to inform and orient the project’s work. This position will be based in the Amazonian Region and will involve work in Latin America, with focus on thetargetcountiesoftheproject(Peru,BrazilandColombia),andoccasionaltraveltoothercountriesand regions as required. The M&E specialist will form part of CIP’s Project Management Unit (PMU), and will report to the Head of the PMU.Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with other project staff in CIP and in other participating institutions, the M&E specialist will be the responsible for the design and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation systems, including:
- Develop and maintain the project M&E plan based on results framework, related indicators and annual plan of work;
- Support the design, development and implementation of an M&E platform supporting planning, monitoring, reporting, learning and evaluation processes;
- Support the development and dissemination of training materials for the use of the M&E platform.
- Design and implement harmonizeddatacollection tools for differentlevelofindicators acrossproject activities and institutions;
- Facilitatetheintegrationofdisaggregateddata intheplanning, monitoring,evaluation andbudgeting process;
- Training of project team members and partners on the M&E platform and the use of data collection tools developed to facilitate their adoption and proper use;
- Conduct regular validation of data reported by project team members and partners;
- Regularly prepareconsolidated monitoring reports atrequired project levels andprovidetimelyM&E information as input for project staff to develop specific recommendations for corrective actions of the project;
- Coordinate and promote the use of qualitative and quantitative evaluative approaches for M&E.
- Post-graduate qualification, at least at M.Sc. level, in fields such as International Development, Environmental and Earth Sciences and Engineering, Geography, Forestry, Climatology, Anthropology, Agricultural Economics, or Gender Studies. Publications in relevant fields are desirable.
- Relevant work experience in design of projects or programs and experience with developing and managing complex M&E systems.
- Experience in working with multi-partner projects in the Agricultural and Environmental R&D area, with emphasis on environmental conservation under the context of climate change.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Spanish or other languages is desirable.
- Competencies in collecting, analyzing, and reporting disaggregated data, preferably in the context of agricultural research and natural resource management including both qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Competencies in project management, preferably in the context of agricultural research for development,includingresultsbasedmanagement,developmentoflogicalmodels(theoryofchange, impact pathways, result chains), monitoring and evaluation;
- Capability to motivate managers and scientists at all levels of responsibility to actively contribute to timely monitoring, knowledge management and reporting;
- Good interpersonal skills. Experience working successfully in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.Conditions: Employment contract will be for an initial three-year term (with a three-month probation
period) with possibility of renewal, subject to availability of funding. Any offer made with regards to this vacancy isconditional to the formal awardoftheafore-mentionedgrantto the CIP-ledconsortium. Salary willbeinternationallycompetitive,paidinUSdollars,andcommensuratewithexperience.CIPpridesitself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 26 September, 2016 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Sindos region (Greece)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-26
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
Washington D.C | United States (United States of America)