Livelihood Assistant Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for 1 highly qualified LH Assistant to help expand its program in Iran.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 35 countries throughout the world. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery. DRC aims at protecting refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in Iran since the spring of 2012 through one office in Tehran. DRC Iran forms part of the regional DRC response to the Afghan displacement axis in Central Asia and South West Asia (CASWA), covering Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and Tajikistan.
About the job
As part of our livelihood program, DRC provides vocational training and income generating opportunities to Afghan refugees. The program is funded by various donors, including the German Foreign Office and DANIDA. The programs are designed to provide comprehensive livelihood options and training to help Afghan refugees develop livelihood options. In order to support appropriate and effective delivery of livelihood programs, DRC is hiring one Livelihood Field assistant for three months to support the implementation of the programmes. He/she will participate in the planning, community liaison, field implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, support logistics and delivery of supplies, and provide data entry and data collection support.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide field support to the livelihood officer with the implementation of DRC programming in Tehran, Alborz, Isfahan and Fars provinces.
- Collect data from beneficiaries using standard DRC formats. This includes beneficiary selection forms, beneficiary tracking forms, and baseline and end line surveys, as appropriate.
- Collect detailed programmatic- and financial reports from the partner organizations, as well as beneficiaries who receive business grants and vocational training.
- Carry out monitoring and evaluation visits of livelihood programming and write detailed reports in English and Farsi.
- Enter data into databases.
- Support DRC livelihood staff in developing pre and post questionnaires for business grants and vocational training projects.
- Assist the livelihood officer design and distribute informational brochures and advertising for the programmes.
- Provide procurement and logistical support to the program.
- Any other duties as required from time to time.
Safety and Security
- Advise local partners on DRC safety protocols during the process of field implementation, and monitor the partners regularly for their adherence to, and compliance with, all required safety regulations.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required Experience and education:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in the humanities, social sciences, or humanitarian / development studies.
Minimum one year experience in project implementation, experience with an NGO is an advantage;Knowledge of livelihood, programming activities, monitoring and evaluation.
Contract length: Temporary 3 months contract
Position: For national staff only
Start date: As soon as possible
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
20th September 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. If you have not received an invitation to interview within one month of the deadline, you have not been shortlisted for the position.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tehrān
- Grade: Services and Support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-09-20