Office Administrative Assistant/Driver (Chinese Nationals Only)
Beijing | Beijing
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS is providing advisory services to China’s local governments on their development projects. Currently there are two ongoing projects in China under UNOPS’ management (located in Changchun and Qinhuangdao). These projects cover social issues with wide public concern, such as food safety, health care/ life science and balanced development. Their mission and objectives are aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as China’s 13th Five-Year Plan, also fall within UNOPS’ mandates.
*** The vacancy is open to Chinese nationals or individuals that have a valid residence permit for China.
Under the overall guidance of the Admin Officer, the Office Administrative Assistant/driver will be responsible for providing general admin support and driving service to ensure efficient and effective operation of the China project center. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Arrange appointments and meetings.
- Prepare correspondence and reports related to registry activities.
- Register and inspect assets.
- Ensure the proper functioning of office utilities, e.g. water supply, electricity, etc.)
- Ensure that all cleaning and maintenance requirements of the office are satisfied.
- Maintain the travel log for office staff based on the authorized TA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Admin Officer.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services for authorized personnel.
- Ensure proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensure the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensure that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of project administration, implementation and evaluation, technical cooperation, and budgeting. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be 'clients' and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- High school degree is required;
- Drivers training with a valid driver’s license is required.
B. Work Experience
- A minimum of 1 year working experience of admin work is required;
- Two years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record is required
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations in China and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Prince2® Practitioner/PMP would be an asset.
D. Language Requirements
- Native speaker of Mandarin Chinese;
- Ability to read, write and speak in English is an asset;
E. Computer Skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is requiredl
- Additional computer or data analysis skills an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA - 3
Contract duration: one year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Beijing | Beijing
- Grade: LICA-3, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-01