National External Evaluation Consultant.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Lebanon launched in 1999 a project at Parliament entitled “Technical Support to the Lebanese Parliament” in the framework of a cooperation agreement signed by UNDP and the Speaker of the Lebanese Parliament. The project has been modified at several instances in order to respond to the changing needs but also to keep abreast with requirements as a result of the political situation in the country. In December 2013, the protocol agreement between both parties was renewed for three years extending the project from 2014 to 2016. By the end of 2016, a Tripartite Review Meeting was conducted and the project was extended for an additional year to implement its pending activities until upcoming parliamentary elections take place. Hence, a substantive revision wasconducted to the current Project Document to add the 2017 AWP and change the total budget accordingly.The project aims at strengthening the legislative, oversight, and representation capacities of the Lebanese Parliament, by working with Parliamentarians, Parliamentary Committees and the Parliament’s Administration. It also aims at strengthening the relationship between the Parliament and civil society and social groups. Furthermore, the joint project’s activities emphasize on promoting gender equality, empowering women legislation, ensuring environmental sustainability, and extending the partnership to consequently achieve Human Rights protection.The project results and resources framework in 2017 includes one output: “Support to enhance inclusive participation in public policy and in the legislative process provided”.
Duties and Responsibilities
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is recruiting an External Evaluation Consultant to undertake a professional evaluation of the project. The Consultant will be requested to assess the effectiveness, efficiency and added value of the project in terms of achieved outputs and results and contribution to outcome since 2011 including identification of lessons learned and good practice. More specifically, the Consultant will need to look at the planned versus achieved objectives and provide an independent review of the project. The Consultant will also suggest improvements, and adjustments to the implementation approach, and alternatives as required in the context of an improved project design and implementation framework to be reflected subsequently in a new project document. The project evaluation should enable UNDP management and national counterparts at the Lebanese Parliament to decide on a future course of action for the period between 2019 and 2021 once a new Parliament is formed post 2018 elections.Task 1: The Consultant will be requested to complete a desk review of all project related documents since 2011 including project documents, reports, and internal evaluations.Task 2: The Consultant will also meet with current team members, along with the counterparts at the Lebanese Parliament, administration and Members of Parliament and UNDP Country Office. The meetings will provide additional background information to be discussed and incorporated in recommendations.Task 3: Based on the findings of the desk review and consultation meetings, the Consultant will develop a comprehensive evaluation report, which will also include recommendations for the following phase. The recommendations will suggest improvements, and adjustments to the implementation approach and strategies. Finally, based on the evaluation report and the lessons learned and good practice, the Consultant will develop an outline and framework, including a revised structure if needed, for a new project design, which will be the basis for a new Project Document.For additional information, please refer to ANNEX I – Terms of Reference
- Outstanding written skills demonstrated through previous publications.
- Previous experience in developing work plans and strategies.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Kindly refer to the Individual Consultant Procurement Notice and all related Annexes by visiting the below link:
Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduate Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Public Administration, Political Science, Management or related Social Science fields.
Years of experience:
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience in Projects’ Monitoring and Evaluation preferably in governance and knowledge of the Lebanese public administration framework is an advantage. Demonstrated previous experience in evaluating projects of similar nature for Lebanese and/or International Organizations.
- Ability to collect and analyze information from a variety of sources; advanced knowledge of the Lebanese public administration; Familiarity with organizational structures.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
How to Apply:
1. Read the additional information and annexes on teh UNDP lebanon website at http://www.lb.undp.org/content/lebanon/en/home/operations/procurement/
2. The consultancy is open for all national consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants are requested to apply only through this UNDP jobs portal.
Submissions through any other media will not be considered.
The application must include the P11, technical proposal, Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) and the financial proposal in one single document and uploaded as word or PDF file to the UNDP job site.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: National Consultant - Consultancy
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-09-28