Human Resources Specialist
New York City (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the UNDP OSHW strategies and related policies; coordinate the implementation of/implement corporate OSHW activities/initiatives led by OHR/ITM; act as OHR focal point on OSHW; act as secretariat to the corporate OSHW mechanism(s); provide support to local OSHW focal points; conduct research on best practices and latest thinking in the area of OSHW and develop new ideas and projects to better support UNDP staff
- Ensures the implementation in UNDP of the UN mental health strategies and the UNDP-wide commitments related to the “Duty of Care”; acts as a focal point for coordination with UN staff counsellors network(s) and mechanism(s)
- Working with the Office of the Ombudsman, the Ethics Office, and other relevant units/offices, develop solutions to common workplace stressors affecting employee well-being; support their implementation
- Coordinate the development of the UNDP strategies and plans on protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), facilitate implementation of/implement activities led by OHR/ITM; participate and represent OHR in relevant inter-agency initiatives and projects
- Ensure effective policy advice to the management of cases related to harassment, including sexual harassment, and abuse of authority in the UNDP workplace; coordinate required action
- As part of the OHR effort to support UNDP in creating and maintaining conducive working environment across its Bureaux/offices, design and support implementation of communication, advocacy and learning activities related to employee engagement; conduct research on best practices and latest thinking in the area of employee engagement and maximizing employee performance
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Knowledge of OHW concepts, principles and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of HRM concepts, principles and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks, and organize action around mitigating them
- Ability to evaluate data and derive relevant findings
- Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Ability to ascertain need, plan, design, and execute training
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources/Talent Management, Learning and Development, Psychology, Social Science, Organizational Psychology, or similar. Specialized training in Occupational Health/Safety/Well-being is an asset.
- 5 years of relevant experience in design and implementation of human resources management, learning and development initiatives
- Experience in design and implementation of occupational health, safety and well-being initiatives in an asset
- Full proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, especially ability to effectively communicate with various constituencies and clients
Important applicant information
Internally advertised General Service (GS) fixed-term appointment (FTA) positions located in Headquarters are open to GS staff members currently serving in New York/Washington D.C. who hold a UNDP permanent or FTA who are either US Permanent Residents, US citizens or holders of a valid G4 visa at the time of their application and whose G4 visa has been acquired on account of their employment in the UN Systems based in New York or Washington, DC.
Current UNDP GS staff serving outside of HQ must meet the eligibility criteria stated above prior to their application.
Selected candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria are responsible for their own travel and/or relocation costs
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New York City (United States of America)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-22
P-3, International Professional
P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)
Al Khubar (Saudi Arabia)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position