Administrative Assistant, GS-6 level, Suva-Fiji (#103140)
**FOR FIJI NATIONALS ONLY** Nationals of other countries will not be considered The UNICEF Pacific Office is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant at the GS-6 level. Successful applicants will participate in a thorough selection process. The Admin Assistant will perform a variety of admin support functions under the direct supervision of the Admin & Finance Officer.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
UNICEF Pacific is a Multi-Country Office based in Suva, Fiji that supports UNICEF programmes and operations in 14 Pacific Island Countries in the areas of Education, Child Protection, Child Survival and Development, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Finance, Human Resources, Administration and Information Technology. UNICEF Pacific has 3 Field Offices in Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Kiribati.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the Admin and Finance Officer, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of admin support functions
Key expected results:
- Analyzes, maintains and provides overview of the work of the office to ensure timely administrative support is provided in general and specialized areas.
- Undertakes all travel administrative arrangements (i.e. tickets, visas, hotel accommodation, and ensures timely action on note verbales and security clearances), drafts administrative notes for meetings, workshops and seminars
- Briefs international personnel on general administrative matters relating to visas, licenses, security; provides advice and ensures administrative support, as required.
- Advises and assists other staff in the area of office management. Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters; participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices; interprets and assesses the impact of changes; and makes recommendations for follow-up actions.
- Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs.
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Requisitions office supplies and equipment locally and abroad, and arranges for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records. Assists with the safe-keeping and annual physical inventory maintenance of records and implements PSB recommendations on replacement and disposal of expendable properties.
- Provides interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as required.
As an advocate for every child, you should have…
- Completion of secondary education with a minimum of 6 years of relevant professional work experience in office management, administration or any other relevant function.
- *A Bachelor’s degree or completion of a Post-graduate course in business administration, management, or any other related field discipline relevant to the job with 2 years of relevant work experience is an asset.*
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
For every Child, you will need to demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies of Analyzing, Learning and Development, Planning and Organizing, and Following instructions and Procedures
Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements as these are not the organization’s responsibility.
All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by submitting your application on our web site. Your application should include cover letter describing how you best meet each of the requirements of the post, UN Personnel History Form (P11), two most recent performance appraisals or evaluation reports if available and names, emails and phone details of three work related referees including supervisors. All applications should be in English.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Suva
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - Administrative support
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-01