Procurement & Supply Management Associate (Internal Candidates Only)
Yangon | Yangon
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Procurement Advisor, the Procurement & Supply Management (PSM) Associate is responsible for procurement and supplier contract administration for the PR-GFATM in Myanmar and for the Regional Malaria Grant in the Greater Mekong Sub-region. The PSM Associate works with minimal supervision and liaises with the PR Programme Unit and Programme Support Unit (PSU), the 3MDG Fund, MMOC Support Service.
Background Information - Myanmar
Summary of Key Functions:
2. Support procurement planning and systems, focusing on achievement of the following results:
3. Support the office’s requisitions/ procurement processes and sourcing strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Support the bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
5. Provide support to efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following result:
6. Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
7. Provides support to PSM team, on monitoring visits:
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the Regional Office/Project Centre procurement services management in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry and financial information, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UNOPS capability as an efficient and first-class service provider and contributor to the development of the country.
Completion of secondary education mandatory. Professional certification in the field of procurement (from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or elsewhere) a plus. A University degree in the area of procurement, Business Administration or any related field would be an asset.
6 years of relevant experience in administrative support services or procurement in UN or international organization is required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is required.
Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
Fluency in written and oral English and Burmese. Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized financial, administrative and procurement tasks
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature, handle a large volume of work and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of UNOPS procurement and financial rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of oneUNOPS
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA - 6
Contract duration: One Year (possible extension subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability)
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Yangon | Yangon
- Grade: LICA-6, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-09-28