Supply Assistant/GL-4 (UNHCR)
The Supply Assistant provides support to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation support supply activities within an office.The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position in the office and receives regular guidance and instructions form the supervisor on successive steps. S/he maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accountability (key results that will be achieved):
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results).Operational Support:
- Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, liaise with local agent, support warehouse management, assist with planning and goods deliveries and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters;
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders, and prepare Purchase orders for approval;
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services;
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility;
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulations including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE;
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases;
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making;
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service requires by the organisation.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results):
- Identify vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases;
- Decide on the content of information and reports submitted to the Supervisor.
- Analytical Thinking;
- Planning and Organizing.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of the Secondary School Education;
- Minimum 4 years of previous relevant professional job experience;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Computer skills (MS Office, PeopleSoft);
- Experience in customs formalities;
- Experience in logistics.
Interested applicants should forward the UN personal history form (P-11) with a covering letter in English explaining their interest in the position to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the post title and position number they are applying for in the subject line. Candidates must be legally present in Ukraine at the time of application, recruitment and hire. UN personal history form (P-11) may be loaded at http://unhcr.org.ua/attachments/article/72/P_11.doc Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, no late applications will be accepted. Written test will be administered. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kyiv
- Grade: GS-4, General Service - Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-09-20