Common Premises Manager (National)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate between the UN House agencies and external service providers in the management and monitoring/review/evaluation/assessment of outsourced common premises services, including but not limited to services as detailed in the MOU concerning the Occupancy and Use of the UN House;
- Establishing collaborative arrangements with the agencies, manage projects related to repairs, remodeling and renovation work to be done with respect to the Common Premises, offices, including any offices not allocated to an agency, if such work affects the building;
- Plan and implement maintenance schedules for all utility services on the premises, including water, electricity (commercial and standby), telephones, PABX systems, air conditioners, buildings and garden;
- Prepare proposals for renovation and reconstruction of buildings, sub-contracts for services, including design, budget and oversee reconstruction, renovation and repair work for premises;
- Assign work to contractual staff, ensure quality of service, provide coaching and guidance when necessary by daily monitoring the work of cost-shared Common Premises personnel, which includes Cleaners, Gardener, grounds maintenance, security etc.;
- Review available facilities, make recommendations to develop and/or enhance existing facilities and search new office space in UN House for newcomers as and when needed;
- Plan for emergencies and prepare risk reduction measures on the common premises, including, but not limited to, fire, flooding, interruption of utility services, safety and security of UN staff and property;
- Liaise closely with UN Security (UNDSS) to ensure consistency in the management of security related services and UN Common Premises regarding infrastructure needed for compliance with the requirements and for the security staff to properly perform their functions;
- Liaise with the Government departments on the issues related to provision of utilities, communications, etc
- In coordination with the agencies occupying UN House, prepare annual Common Premises work plan and a draft annual Common Premises budget for its implementation and submit for review and approval by UNDP OM and the UN Resident Coodrinator;
- Based on the approved work plan and budget, coordinate the payment processes from the common services account and follow up agency contributions to the common premises account;
- Monitor Common Premises budget and prepare regular financial reports to the Resident Coordinator and the Agencies resident in the common premises;
- Ensure efficient human and financial resources management including planning of the available resources, forecasting of needs and cost efficient proposals.
- Undertakes other common premises and common services tasks whenever requested by the UNDP Operations Manager.
- The key results have an impact on the success of cooperation and cost effective management of UN House.
- Demonstrate commitment to UN mission, principles, vision and values;
- Capable of building a strong relationship with the agencies and service providers;
- Efficient, timely, responsive, safe and high-quality management of the common premises;
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities and respond positively to feedback;
- Able to exercise discretion, impartiality and diplomacy;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including conflict resolution skills;
- Capable of working under pressure and managing complexities;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treat all agencies and personnel fairly without favoritism;
- Share knowledge and experience from within and outside the country team; and
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Management/Administration (Business, Project/Public Policy) or any other relevant subject. Degree in Engineering would be advantage; Master degree in the relevant field of study will be an asset.
- 4 years of relevant of experience for Bachelor degree and 2 years of experience for Master’s degree at the national or international level in technical and administrative positions providing building/facility management, office administration;
- Possession of hands-on experience in project management in particular the construction projects would be an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Strong written and spoken English and fluency in Tetun.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Dili
- Grade: SB-5, Service Contract - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-30