VN 2017/206 (P) - Project Manager (SURENI) (P3) - Niamey, Niger
Position Title Project Manager (SURENI)
Duty Station :Niamey, Niger Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 October 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and in close coordination with the Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM) Program Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the project management of the EU-funded Sustainable Reintegration in Niger (SURENI) project.
This project foresees the implementation of Assisted Voluntary Return (AVR), operation of transit centres for AVR applicants, support to community mobilisers and connected activities. Moreover, the successful candidate will be supporting the Chief of Mission in reinforcing synergic actions between IOM Niger and relevant government counterparts in Niger and the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and support long-term planning platforms such as IOM Niger’s contribution to the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) process and Niger’s policy on migration.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In close coordination with the MRRM Program Manager, manage the EU-funded multi-year
SURENI project: ensure timely and quality implementation and reporting of the project. 2. In coordination with the MRRM Program Manager oversee of the different components of the MRRM under different funding mechanisms (SAR, Transit centres management, Assisted Page 1 / 4Voluntary Return, Protection, Reintegration and Information Management), whit a special focus on the operational components of the MRRM.
3. Contribute to overall supervision to the daily implementation of assisted voluntary return activities in Niger including SAR operations.
4. Supervise the administrative, financial, and other related activities of the SURENI project, including:
• Maintaining appropriate internal controls and development and implementation of relevant control systems.
5. Exercising oversight on financial expenditure and accountability.
6. Ensure proper documentation and reporting of the activities carried out under the SURENI project including that all supportive documents for the projects are recorded in line with IOM procedures and donor requirements.
7. Promote coordination of national staff with other departments and programs to create synergies and better facilitation of overall IOM programming through joint implementation. 8. Ensure the daily liaison with relevant IOM sub-offices in Niger and IOM Offices in Countries of Origin in order to ensure the timely implementation of the MRRM return activities, including the oversight on financial expenditure and accountability.
9. In close coordination with the MRRM Program Manager, contribute to the scaling up of the activities implemented in the framework of the Mechanism, including the development of projects strategies and implementation modalities through close collaboration with the donors, the Government of Niger representatives at national and local levels, beneficiaries, and other relevant stakeholders.
10. Contribute to the resource mobilization efforts, identifying potential new project opportunities and contributing to the preparation of project proposals in line with Missions strategic objectives. 11. When required, represent the Chief of Mission and/or the MRRM Program Officer in national and international fora and vis à vis the media.
12. Contribute to interagency collaboration by appropriate coordination with all humanitarian partners (including UN agencies, national and international NGOs, the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement and other international organizations). In particular, act as liaison officer with the UN Country Team in Niger and represent IOM at the Inter-Agency Technical Committee which will be preparing the UNDAF development and further monitoring.
13. Act as CANVAC Team Leader/Manager of the Canada Visa Application Centre (CANVAC) operated by IOM Niger.
14. Perform any other duty that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Page 2 / 4Experience
• Thorough knowledge of migration dynamics in West Africa including socio-economic, cultural and legal factors concerning migration, return and reintegration required;
• Specific professional experience in direct assistance and migration management of large scale movements required;
• Experience in program management and implementation, preferably in MRRM-related areas; • Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, and with other national and international institutions;
• Previous experience in liaising with relevant Regional Offices (RO), HQ and other UN agencies an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment Page 3 / 4system, by 02 October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 19.09.2017 to 02.10.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/206 (P) - Project Manager (SURENI) (P3) - Niamey, Niger (55182912) Released Posting: Posting NC55182922 (55182922) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Niamey
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2017-10-02