SVN 2017/170 (P) - Needs and Population Monitoring Coordinator (P3) - Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Mazār-e Sharīf (Afghanistan)
Position Title Needs and Population Monitoring Coordinator
Duty Station :Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 October 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Manager (Sr.PM) in Dhaka and the direct supervision of the Heads of Sub Offices (HoSO) in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh and in coordination other relevant programme managers/coordinators, and Inter-Sector Coordination Group (ISCG), the successful candidate will coordinate and manage the implementation of the Needs and Population Monitoring (NPM) to support the humanitarian response to the situation of Undocumented Myanmar Nationals (UMNs) in Bangladesh.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and manage the overall aspects of Needs and Population Monitoring (NPM) programme implementation, including on the implementation of mobility tracking of the UMNs population in Bangladesh, emergency tracking and flow monitoring, as well as development, establishment, and implementation of relevant registration activities, intention surveys, and other data and information management components as required.
2. Oversee the financial, administrative and technical aspects of the NPM programme in line with IOM's policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements; Develop, manage, implement, fund-raise for and report on NPM-related projects and programmes. 3. Identify, establish and further strengthen NPM mechanism and components based on Page 1 / 4situational and operational dynamics and the changing needs and requirement of inter-sectoral groups and humanitarian partners to better support the population in need; Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications and adjustment to the coordination, technical, and operational aspects of NPM implementation to ensure relevancy, data and information accuracy, as well as effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation. 4. Establish and coordinate NPM field data collection capacity and operations through NPM operation staff, team leaders, and enumerators to gather timely information about displacement, population mobility, movement flows, and any other data and information required to support the humanitarian response.
5. Manage and supervise NPM programme staff; implement effective and adequate training in relation to NPM implementation on a regular basis to ensure the quality of the collected and reported data and information in specific, and the overall implementation in general. 6. Manage and ensure effective Information Management (IM) operational and technical aspects of the NPM implementation, including, but not limited to, Geographical Information System (GIS), Data and Database Management, and Data Visualization and Reporting.
7. Ensure the timely production of regular and ad-hoc reporting and information products of NPM, including, but not limited to, the analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, maps and other relevant products and analysis to be shared with partners and various audiences.
8. Ensure adequate data and information management capacity for the NPM programme implementation and as required, to contribute to other relevant IOM operations in the mission. This includes activities for project awareness raising and visibility, regular project updates, summaries, press releases and other relevant materials, as well as responding to any ad hoc information requests from the donor community, humanitarian partners and the Government counterparts.
9. Develop and implement effective information dissemination tools and data sharing among key stakeholders to support the maximum use of data and information generated by the NPM for humanitarian purpose.
10. Liaise and represent IOM at meetings and events where NPM programme are being discussed, including discussions at technical, operational and strategic level as required; Actively participate in relevant interagency meetings (Government, UN, I/NGOs, other partners), including cluster/sector working groups and task force meetings and follow up on resulting action points and recommendations.
11. Ensure relevant standards, manual, and guidelines are integrated into the NPM implementation. These should include, but not limited to, the IOM Data Protection Manual, standard and guidelines in relation to GBV and Protection Mainstreaming, and IOM ITC Standard.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Management, Geographical Information Systems or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Page 2 / 4Experience
• Experience in the development and implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) or similar large scale assessment and information management activities is required; • Experience in humanitarian emergencies operations and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
• Expert knowledge and experience in project development, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff at an operational level in humanitarian emergencies;
• Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
• Experience in the development and implementation of population database a distinct advantage;
• Working experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of any local language is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Page 3 / 4How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 02 October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 19.09.2017 to 02.10.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/170 (P) - Needs&PopulationMonitoringCoordinatr(P3)- CoxsBazar,Banglades (55183352) Released
Posting: Posting NC55183363 (55183363) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Mazār-e Sharīf (Afghanistan)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-10-02
IICA-2, International Individual Contractors Agreement
Male | Nouakchott | Niamey | Dakar (Maldives)
Financial Accountant, Finance department, Administration and Corporate Governance division, AD6 (786)EMA - European Medicines Agency
London (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
IS - 3
Incheon (Korea (Republic of))