Results & Management Analyst
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
UNDP in Sri Lanka is reorganizing internally and moving to an integrated collaborative business model. Internally, an energetic and innovative team will converge around the planning, design, implementation and quality assurance of an integrated programme in a fast-paced environment. Fostering strategic partnership and alliances with different stakeholders will require a team which consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and has a strong client orientation. Strong UN partnerships are valued for Delivering Together in a true spirit of collaboration and teamwork.
Post Context:This position is primarily focused on leveraging programme & management results support services to facilitate continuous learning and high performance of the CO. Within this context, the Results & Management post performs the UNDP programme and operations support functions for all programme / advisory service areas, inclusive.
Under the supervision of the Business Development and Resource Management Specialist, the Results & Management Analyst directly underpins country office high performance extending the reach and rigor of quality, ethical and client facing management practices to programme and operations support activities, including continuous team learning, the R&M Analyst models an approach to support services characterized by technical excellence, pride in accountability and high regard by users and clients. The Results & Management Analyst supports the entire portfolio management team and collaborates closely with the Business Development & Resource Management Specialist.
ONLY STAFF AFFECTED BY THE UNDP SRI LANKA CHANGE MANAGEMNT PROCESS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. ALL OTHER APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ideas & expertise:
- Provides continuous technical advice and reporting to the portfolio management team and senior management on CO performance.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of projects according to established targets and priorities.
- Identifying project-level operational issues requiring follow-up especially within the context of management audit requirements and organizing data and analysis in support of fully prepared responses.
- Conducts discrete technical analysis, research and support to project design and advisory service agreements including true cost forecasting and identifying options for alternative financing models.
- Learn how clients and collaborators consume project and operational services, identifying information and data to facilitate greater efficiency and collaboration.
- Identifies client data and report requirements and feeds it into country office practice of continuous learning.
- Provide basic and useful explanations to clients on project management inputs and requirements that
- Leads the country office-wide practice of utilizing results monitoring and analysis to inform continuous learning activities and internal dialogues leading to regular adaptation of support services.
- Consolidation, sequencing and prioritizing inputs from internal sources for various reporting requirements including donor reports Learn from colleagues and adapt to new thinking and
- Conduct learning seminars and lead discussion groups for the team on relevant subjects.
- Model reliability of output, organization and, innovation.
Core InnovationAbility to make new and useful ideas work
LeadershipAbility to persuade others to follow
People ManagementAbility to improve performance and satisfaction
CommunicationAbility to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
DeliveryAbility to get things done while exercising good judgement
Technical/Functional Data MeasurementAbility to set goals and indicators and to interpret and synthesize results into usable information to inform policy, strategy, and/or action
Strategic PlanningAbility to make decisions that align with strategy, vision, and mission
Risk AssessmentKnowledge of risk assessment methodologies and ability to determine degree of risk and apply to strategic and/or practical situation
Results-based Management Ability to manage programmes and projects with a strategy aimed at improved performance and demonstrable results
Monitoring and EvaluationKnowledge of methodologies, assessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, development studies or a related area.
- Master’s with 0 years or Bachelor’s with 2 years of relevant experience in working with quality assurance instruments and results based management models.
- Experience in programme management and multilateral development stakeholders
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages,
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft (Atlas).
- Fluency in English and in the national language of the duty station. Knowledge of other UN official language is desirable
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-09-28