Provision of Electoral Technical Assistance and Support to the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities – Directorate of Political Affairs & Refugees through a National Consultant for the electoral unit at DGPAR.
UNDP Lebanese Electoral Assistance Project (LEAP) has the main objective to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders for the conduct of transparent and inclusive elections in Lebanon. Through a multi-component approach, the project has the intended outcomes of providing technical assistance and support in the following key electoral areas: (1) management and administration of Elections (2) supervision of election campaigns (3) provision of voter education initiatives (4) resolution of electoral disputes, and (5) initiatives to improve election opportunities for women.The Electoral Consultant is expected to provide electoral technical assistance and advice to the electoral management body in preparation for the upcoming electoral processes.LEAP is currently providing electoral assistance and advisory support to the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities (MoIM) in preparation for the upcoming parliamentary elections. In this context, based on the request of the MoIM, the project will strengthen the capacity of the MoIM DGPAR to prepare, organize and implement electoral processes required for the conduct of the upcoming parliamentary elections. The consultant will be collocated at the MoIM DGPAR premises and will provide electoral assistance and support to the DGPAR and to other relevant departments of the ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Legal & technical advises to improve and implement the candidates/lists registration processes under the new electoral law provisions;
- Providing legal advice for the preparation of all drafted ministerial and administrative declarations and circulars related to elections and dissemination them to all concern ministries and administrations, including preparation of the division of the polling stations decisions.
- Provide technical suggestions to improve receiving the elections minutes and results from the HRC.
- Assisting on better understanding/implementation of a new results management system.
- Establish a follow up with all elected bodies to update their data.
For additional information, please refer to ANNEX I – Terms of Reference
- Knowledge of the role of UNDP and its mission, vision and strategic goals.
- Knowledge of the Lebanese electoral framework and the Lebanese public institutions.
- Ability to demonstrate experience, sensitivity and adaptability on cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Language: Excellent Arabic is a must. Knowledge of English language is a plus.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Kindly refer to the Individual Consultant Procurement Notice and all related Annexes by visiting the below link:
Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in one of the following fields: political sciences, law, administrative sciences;
Years of experience:
- At least 15 years of experience in the designated field;
- Experience or knowledge of the Lebanese electoral framework
- Experience or knowledge of the implementation and conduct of electoral processes.
- Prior experience with the Lebanese Public Administration and/or UN agency is a plus.
How to Apply:
1. Read the additional information and annexes on teh UNDP lebanon website at http://www.lb.undp.org/content/lebanon/en/home/operations/procurement/
2. The consultancy is open for all international consultants who meet the selection criteria and propose a competitive fee. Interested consultants are requested to apply only through this UNDP jobs portal.
Submissions through any other media will not be considered.
The application must include the P11, technical proposal, Annex 3 (Offerors Letter) and the financial proposal in one single document and uploaded as word or PDF file to the UNDP job site.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: National Consultant - Consultancy
- Closing Date: 2017-10-02