Private Sector Facility Senior Advisor
Private Sector Facility Senior Advisor Songdo,South Korea
The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climatechange.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework ConventiononClimateChange(UNFCCC).Inthecontextofsustainabledevelopment, theFundwillpromote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climatechange.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal number of members from developed and developingcountries. TheFundis operatedby anindependentSecretariatheaded by anExecutiveDirector. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Private Sector Facility, the Senior Advisor will manage cataloguing, reviewing and evaluating concept notes received in relation to Mobilizing Funds at Scale (MFS) Request for Proposal (RFP).
The Senior Advisor will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Supporting the Private Sector Facility (PSF) team in cataloguing, reviewing and selecting of more than 350 concept notes received in relation to the Mobilizing Funds at Scale (MFS) Request for Proposal (RFP) by being an active member of a multi-stage review and evaluation process;
- Supporting task managers / specialists in helping entities structure their shortlisted concepts into funding proposals;
- Supporting the task managers / specialists in the due diligence process of the shortlisted funding proposals under the guidance provided in the RFP technical document and MFS Board document;
- Conducting research and analysis and preparing Board documentation, within timelines, in relation to the funding proposals for shortlisted concepts under the RFP;
- Conducting additional operational tasks assigned by the PSF Director and Specialists.
- Providing inputs on board documents where necessary. The consultant will also support the team to develop concept notes into funding proposals for the Board’s consideration at B19; and
- Performing additional operation tasks assigned by the Director.Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s Degree, in finance, economics, engineering, environmental studies, accounting, climate policy or other relevant subject(s);
- Minimum year of work experience: 15 years in climate finance, sustainability, adaptation and mitigation projects related areas, with a proven track record;
- Experience in working well in an international environment and managing relationships with internal and external clients;
- Analytically-minded with strong presentation skills;
- Passion about delivering and focusing on results;
- Ability to embrace fast-paced dynamic environment and adapt to change;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Applications fromwomenandcitizensfromdevelopingcountries are stronglyencouraged. Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply. However, the compensation and benefits package for this position will be determined on the basis of an international recruitment. Interestedcandidates,are requiredtosendanemailattaching theirCVanda letterof interest ina singlefile to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “SeniorAdvisorforPSF”
Please indicateyourearliestavailability totake upassignment,andnotice-periodrequired, ifemployed. Closingdate forapplicationsis9October2017(KST). Applicationssubmittedaftertheclosingdatemay not beconsidered.
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-10-09