Camp Management Camp Coordination Officer (National Position), Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al- Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Camp Management Camp Coordination Officer is to implement camp management and support activities with the aim to improve service coordination and management of IDP camps by supporting and building the capacity of national camp management actors.
Camp Management Camp Coordination Officer will re reporting to CCCM Project Coordinator.
The position will be based in Hamam Al Alil.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate in relevant field with (2) two years experience working as a project officer in humanitarian and recover/context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Fluency in spoken written Arabic and English. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well as donors’ rules and regulations
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Support national camp management actors to establish and strengthen representative site governance systems and community participation in order to promote the dignity of camp residents.
- Promote and facilitate accountability towards camp populations through establishment of complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Support national camp management actors to coordinate services at camp level
- Support national camp management actors to establish and maintain coordination mechanisms (e.g. camp coordination meetings) and coordination tools (e.g. 3W, camp resident database etc.).
- Support national camp management actors to set up and maintain systems for regular service monitoring in line with Camp Management Cluster guidelines.
- Advice and guide national camp managers on conducting participatory multi-sectorial needs assessment and corresponding referrals to specialized partners.
- Support national camp management actors to carry out camp maintenance activities.
- Experience with participatory fieldwork, methodologies, monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in field level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGO’s, and local government officials
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq specifically in regards to the site and settlement needs of conflict affected persons
- Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration;
- Proven skills and experience in successfully managing field teams and distributions;
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing needs assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus
The post will be for (6) six months contract duration with possibility of extension- subject to funds.
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary scale.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh Area Office with some visits to NRC field offices.
For more information, please find enclosed the job description.