Logistics Coordinator (national contract)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization experienced in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. In the light of the high influx of migrants to the Greek islands, NRC has started an emergency response programme on the island of Chios in mid-October 2015. NRC directly assisted over 70,000 refugees and migrants, working together with the Greek authorities, humanitarian actors and volunteers to set up and maintain a dignified and efficient flow of refugees from arrival at the beach, via registration and reception facilities, to departure by boat or plane to mainland Greece. NRC Thessaloniki is now looking forward to cover the position of Logistics Coordinator to respond to the humanitarian needs. Please visit our website at www.nrc.no to learn more.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Maintaining appropriate standardized logistics procedures and policies, including procurement, assets, warehouse and fleet management
- Ensuring proper implementation of logistics policies and procedures
- Coordinating with the Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems
- Managing staff and systems to maximize programme efficiency and delivery
- Collects remarks, diagnoses problems, and proposes solutions, implements consecutive actions in coordination with his team
- Advising employees about policies and procedures.
- Performing audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained
- Interact with volunteers that might participate in NRC’s activities, making sure their schedule is well organized.
- Under the supervision of the CM TL – InfoCenter, contribute to the implementation of recreational and educational activities taking place inside and/or in connection to the Info center.
- Abide by NRC’s Communication and Visibility policies.
- Ensuring effective and cost efficient procurement planning by liaising with technical staff and/or Project Managers
- Checking and coordinating with logistics staff that goods deliveries are done as planned and properly stored
- Fleet and asset management responsibilities
- Following-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, fuel log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff
- Initiating regular fixed assets and inventory check on a quarterly basis
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the Refugee crisis in Greece
- Fluency in Greek, both written and verbal
- Excellent proficiency in Office package
- Knowledge of logistics procedures such as procurement, warehousing, fleet management
- Professionalism and availability
- Excellent communication and relations skills
- Ability to coordinate work with others
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s regulations and Greek labour law
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Thessaloníki
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-10-11