Finance Admin HR Manager
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq. Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
Finance Admin HR Manager, under the management of the Head of Office and in coordination and cooperation with the supporting staff and under technical supervision of the Senior Finance Manager in Erbil, is responsible for keeping financial, accounting, administrative and Human Resources in order to meet legislative requirements and support operations. The position serves as the focal point for compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishing and maintain internal financial and administration procedures compatible with the country’s law, the organization’s internal regulations and donor requirements;
• Ensure Compliance of all processes with DRC Internal Regulations, Donor requirements and the local legislation;
• Ensure that proper financial and administrative procedures are operated and maintained at field office in compliance with DRC rules and regulations;
• Oversee and assure the smooth running of support functions in area of operations;
• Work with the Project Managers and Programme Development Unit in budget preparations, revisions and follow ups;
• Works with HoO and PMs on cash needs, budget consumptions and forecasts;
• Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk;
• Ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures are made in a timely manner with the appropriate authorisation;
• Ensure that the organization and donor compliance is mainstreamed;
• Assist financial reports to donors and answer any queries about them after receipt of required authorizations;
• Work closely with the Coordination (Country) office and ensure that financial reports are received and checked in a timely manner;
• Assist in audits to ensure compliance;
• Is member of the office SMT and helps with strategic planning of the office;
• Manage HR/staff administration in accordance to organization’s internal regulations and local laws;
• Ensure that all staff personnel records are properly maintained and regularly updated;
• Ensure that inventory and assets lists are maintained and regularly updated in coordination with logistics department;
• Conduct on-the-job training to field staff as necessary and induction/training for new field staff
To be successful in this role you must have:
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or other related fields, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years of working experience with an international NGO, UN Agencies, with work experience at management level
• Knowledge of donors guidelines and procedures
• Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
• Able to work independently and energetically
• Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
• Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, and Excel proficiency.
• Good interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues
• English, Arabic/Kurdish preferred
• Previous work experience in Iraq or with DRC is desirable
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 months contract subject to extension based on performance and funding. You must be available to start work on 08 December 2017 and be willing to live and work in Iraq. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at A15 DRC’s salary scale depending on experience. The R&R cycle for Erbil is every 12 weeks.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applications must include a cover letter explaining your motivation for applying for this position and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Applications without a cover/motivation letter will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 08 October 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-10-08