Logistics Officer for Syria Response Office based in Amman (Jordan Nationals) - Syria
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
“It is a crisis unparalleled since the 1940s. No sitting politician has had anything bigger happen on his or her watch”
Jan Egeland, NRC Secretary General
Established in 2016 our Whole of Syria Response office is Headquartered in Amman, Jordan with Area offices both inside and outside Syria in several locations serving the needs of the world's most vulnerable. Syrian communities inside Syria are now constantly on the move, fleeing dangers that flare up as a result of changing front lines and tightening international border controls. Besieged and hard-to-reach areas are nearly impenetrable. We prioritise areas where the need is greatest, and the places we can access with minimal risk to life. We deliver aid independently, neutrally and without bias.
In addition to our work inside Syria, we also coordinate the Whole of Syria Protection Cluster and have a leading role in the shelter, WASH and education sectors, as well as interagency advocacy forums.
The purpose of the logistics officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
To support the effective operation of the NRC Logistics Team and related programme activities located in the Syrian Response North West Area Office, based in Amman, by implementing sound logistics practices in accordance with NRC Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor guidelines.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
Ensure proper filing of documents
Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Effectively follow all procurement procedures in compliance with the NRC Logistics Handbook and relevant donor guidelines.
- Identify suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with NRC policies and procedures and the Logistics Handbook.
- Negotiate and contract suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services protecting the interest of NRC in same in relation to pricing, quality, time, delivery etc.
- Maintain procurement tracking and filing systems in compliance with NRC policies and procedures and the Logistics Handbook.
- Support the field teams to receipt, store, and transfer of all stock in NRC’s warehouses in Syria.
- Lead the warehouse spot checks for warehouses in Syria.
- Receive, tag, and track effectively all assets at the North West Area Office in accordance with the NRC Logistics Handbook.
- Implement inventory control system for all NRC’s furniture, fixtures, equipment and materials.
- Ensure that NRC’s communications and IT equipment are operational at all times, and that appropriate communications procedures are followed.
- Any other general logistics assistance as directed by line management.
- Ensure that all logistics matters are being documented and kept in archive
- Participate in preparing the BvA and track the progress of each activity related to the logistic in coordination with different NRC programmes
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a candidate who has Experience from working in Logistics operations in a humanitarian/recovery context.
A person who has excellent communication skills, and is able to communicate with impact and respect to different audience.
Trustworthy person who can work with different people and suppliers and ensuring compliance with NRC logistics handbook and policies.
Good skills in written and spoken English, and Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
A detailed oriented and accurate person who is able to achieve results according to the timeline and with quality.
Good English skills (spoken and written) and native fluency in Arabic.
Contract period: until 31/12/2018
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Amman.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-10-12