GIS Research Assistant - ICRAF
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref: 17-70 RA/NRS/HQ
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced and committed professional to fill the position of Research Assistant for the Latin American Regional Officeof a hostedorganization, The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF).
The Position: The position will be based in Lima, Peru and will contribute to the World Agroforestry Centre’s work in implementation of project activities, completion of database and meta data.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the ICRAF Regional Coordinator for Latin America, the selected candidate will be responsible to support GIS national junior scientist and Landscape Climate Change scientist in data base management, as detailed below:
• Provide technical assistance in Spatial Data Base management, digitizing, map design, meta data compilation, contribute on data management;
• Contribute to compilation and management of trees species Data Base;
• Support carbon modelling activities for different land uses through fieldwork and data analysis; • Support research reporting and publication;
• Support the ICRAF LAC office in management, networking and fundraising activities; Selection criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in in Forestry, Agronomy, Environmental Engineering, Biology, geography, ecology or associated field;
• Minimum 3-year professional experience in GIS and data base management applied to Forestry and Agroforestry;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Demonstrated ability on problem solving and capability to work independently;
Conditions: This position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for one-year term with three-month probation period and the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professionalqualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on October 12, 2017. All applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about ICRAF by accessing to the following link: http://www.worldagroforestry.org/
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lima
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-10-12