Country Director Iraq
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Country Director Iraq (m/f)
in Erbil, Iraq (KRI)
The position is to be filled as of December 1, 2017, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Erbil, Iraq (KRI).
Welthungerhilfe has been working in Northern Iraq since 2014, serving internally displaced people, refugees and host communities with emergency aid activities, rehabilitation and early recovery. The areas covered are mainly in the autonomous Kurdish areas (KRI), but also in liberated areas close to KRI. Welthungerhilfe is in the process of getting registered in Bagdad in order to achieve a legal frame for a possible extension of intervention areas.
As Country Director in Iraq, you are expected to create a work environment based on trustful cooperation both within the team in Iraq and with all relevant stakeholders at headquarters. Furhermore, a multi-annual country programme needs to be created that takes into account both internal structures and processes and the results of a thorough analysis of a potential extension of the intervention area.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the project concept and planned project activities with local decision-makers, partner organisations and other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the project area
- Prepare planning documents for project follow-on phases and for new projects in the country
- Identify other potential partner organisations; develop joint strategies and project ideas
- Select and recruit national experts
- Manage and instruct international and national experts
- Ensure the proper planning of financial and material resources as well as regular reporting to the Regional Directorate and the co-financiers
- Warrant the required flow of information and public transparency of the project work in the country of deployment
- A university or polytechnic degree in the fields of agricultural sciences, engineering, rural development, or a comparable level of qualifications
- At least 5 to 7 years project and management experience in carrying out co-financed projects of international (aid) agencies, preferably in the region
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Ability to work in a multinational team
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- A very good command of both written and spoken English, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 25, 2017.
- Organization: Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- Location: Duhok
- Grade: Senior level
- Humanitarian Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-25