Recruitment Assistant (home-based)
Background information- ECR
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
The Recruitment Assistant will support the HR Officers and the Portfolio Teams on recruitment related activities. The incumbent will report to the responsible HR Officer, and assist on recruitment activities such as coordinating interviews, recording and drafting interview minutes, conducting reference checks and managing records. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with the responsible HR Officer to plan and discuss recruitment-related activities
- In consultation with the HR Officer, schedule and facilitate telephone/skype/in-person interviews by managing lines and recording minutes (Incumbent might be required to be physically present during some interviews)
- Draft and submit finalized interview minutes to HR Officer before specified deadline, and make revisions upon request
- Conduct reference checks via telephone and/or email on potential candidates
- Collect educational credentials and other relevant recruitment documents from candidates
- Ensure the standard documentation required by the HR Officer is complete
- Assist in coordinating various aspects of the interview process or the recruitment process as needed
- Perform any other duties as required
- High school diploma required.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR an asset.
- A BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- Minimum 3 year of working experience in general administration is required
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and general writing skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Skype is required
- Excellent typing skills is required
- Fluency (Writing, speaking and reading) in English is required
- Knowledge of other UN official language is desired
- Previous experience in UN/UNOPS Human Resources or administrative field is highly desired
- Experience in supporting recruitment activities is desired
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic is an asset
- Knowledge of UN/UNOPS HR policies and procedures is an asset
- Experience in writing and editing articles, reports and meeting minutes is an asset
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA - 3
Contract duration: One year home-based retainer contract.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: LICA-3, Local Individual Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-10-12