Finance Officer- Erbil- Coordination Office
Duty Station [Erbil- Coordination Officer-with travel to all DRC offices]
We are looking for a highly qualified Finance Officer with good experience in finance. Experience in the NGO sector is an asset.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
The finance officer oversees the accountancy in the country and supports the HoFA (Head of Finance and Administration).
- Reports to: HoFA (Head of Finance and Administration)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control, provide technical support and give feedback on the cashbooks sent by the different offices to the coordination office
- Pre-validate the accountancy
- Upload the cashbooks in the financial software and liaise with HQ to get them validated
- Control all the supporting documentation produced in the country
- Assist in the analysis of the accountancy and provide useful data to be used by the managers
- Allocate the expatriate costs on the website platform
- Manage coordination office payments and cashbook
- Pre-validate the cash requests received from the field
- Prepare the cash transfer orders
- Follow-up the availability of cash in the country
- Assist the Hofa in the preparation of the cash request to HQ
- Analyse the cash consumption in the country
- Assist the Hofa in the development of new procedures when requested
- Facilitate audit processes as one of the audit focal points
- Assist the hofa in the liaison with the Regional Office and HQ
- Assist in the production of financial report and their annexes
- Liaise with logistics when required
- Any other tasks assigned by line/technical line manager
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Good social skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Able to work independently and energetically
- Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, with advanced Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of MS Navision is a plus
- Fluent in spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 30-April-2018, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 22-October-2017.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff. This position will be placed at level C1
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications closes on 13-October-2017. The interviews are expected to take place from 17 to 18 October 2017.
Need further information?
Please note that applications sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo