Planning Officer, NO-A, FT, MENA Regional Office, Amman (Open to Jordanian Nationals Only)
The Planning Officer is accountable for supporting Regional Office (internal) and Country Office (external) Planning processes, documents and responsibilities, and coordination of Outputs 1 and 2 of the Results Structure.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Purpose for the job:
The Planning Officer is accountable for supporting Regional Office (internal) and Country Office (external) planning processes, documents and responsibilities, and coordination of Outputs 1 and 2 of the Results Structure. This includes collecting and consolidating information, develop and use tools for monitoring the RO’s planning accountabilities in relation to country offices, and maintain an information base for the RO on Country Programme results status.
How can you make a difference?
- Provide support to Planning team functions in developing tools, templates and rolling out processes. In doing so preparing tools such as the Client Satisfaction Survey tool (online survey) based on design from supervisor, team or office, tracking submissions from COs and providing initial data to supervisor/Planning team.
- Develop, coordinate, consolidate and update annual support requests from COs in a timely and systematic manner, in addition to providing analysis on trends and suggestions to efficiency gains. As the RO is moving to a demand driven function, keeping track and coordinating support as requested and as provided.
- Support the Planning team in coordinating, consolidating, quality assuring and submitting the Regional Office Annual Report and Country Office Annual Reports.
- Provide leadership in the coordination of trainings, such as RM and PPP, across the region. Establish roadmaps/timeframes for training and supporting RO and COs in their implementation.
- Support the Planning team in organizing key events and meetings such as the Regional Management Team and Deputy Representative and Chief of Operations meetings, in addition to RO mid-year/end-year reviews and more.
- Collect, analyze and develop presentation of Regional and Country Office programme and performance indicators on regular basis for management review, and feedback to Cos as necessary.
- Other tasks as deemed required by supervisor and/or Planning team.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: University degree (Bachelor’s) in Social Sciences, Development Planning or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant experience, preferably at the field level, in programme planning, implementation, management, and/or monitoring is required.
Language requirement: Fluency in English and Arabic is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Amman (Jordan)
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer - Junior level
- Office Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-15