Lubumbashi | Brazzaville (Congo Democratic)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo provide support to the African Region in the conceptualisation, development, implementation and reporting of result-based and integrated programme management systems. The PBM Unit leads the regional process for the development of the programme budget and associated work plans; guides and supports all offices in efficient activity and budget implementation; facilitates the Programme Budget allocations; supports performance monitoring and assessment within WHO global review processes; and leads or contributes to programmatic and thematic evaluations at the regional, inter-country and country level.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES--> Proactively monitor budget allocations to budget centres and make meaningful projections for budget space;--> Consolidate income inflow projections and prepare forecasts of budget needs to inform budget reallocations;--> Monitor misalignments and mismatches between award types and fund segments to facilitate timely adjustments;--> Prepare adjustment journals/vouchers for budget shifts in the General Ledger in GSM;--> Carryout first level budget implementation analysis, and follow-up on the timely implementation of Programme Budget by budget centres;--> Assist on Task and Award mapping in GSM using the Human Resource (HR) plan, top task, award number and Staff position; --> Input appropriate data for Human Resource position management in GSM;--> Draft presentations on budget management issues for the Team Leader or Coordinator of PBM;--> Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
Desirable\: Diploma level or undergraduate degree in the above fields will be an advantage.
ExperienceEssential\: 10 - 15 years of experience working in finance or budget management.
Desirable\: At least five years of experience in WHO or another UN agency would be an asset.
SkillsAbility to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; Ability to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds; Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with staff at all levels.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
The above language requirements are interchangeable.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at XAF 16,228,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Lubumbashi | Brazzaville (Congo Democratic)
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - Administrative support
- Office Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-16